five: who's the baby daddy?

"So, who's the dad?" Harry asks about an hour later. Louis hadn't said a word, sitting on his couch with a pillow held securely against his chest. He was trying not to freak out, he was really trying not to freak out.

"Lou... Are you alright?" Harry tries again, poking Louis' arm. Louis wasn't even paying attention to him, his mind in a completely different place.

Two lines meant positive.

Louis was pregnant.

He was pregnant with Zayn's baby.

He was going to kill Zayn. 

"Louis... You're really starting to scare me." Harry says honestly, biting his bottom lip as Louis continues to remain silent. Harry was half tempted to call Liam, knowing very well that Liam could get Louis out of whatever it was he was in... but he wasn't sure if Louis wanted anyone else to know just yet.

"Lou-"

"I'm pregnant." Louis finally whispers, his voice filled with shock.

"It's goi-"

"I'm f ucking pregnant." Louis interrupts Harry again, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Louis..."

"I am f ucking pregnant." Louis practically yells, jumping off the couch and pacing around the living room. He pulled at his hair as he started to hyperventilate.

What was he going to do?

"Louis, hey it's gonna be okay." Harry said, grabbing Louis and pulling him in for a hug. Louis was having a really hard time breathing. Harry just continues to hold Louis, rubbing the nineteen year olds back in a somewhat comforting way. Louis just feels numb for a few minutes, really unable to wrap his head around what was happening right now. It takes a few more minutes for it sink in, and Louis starts to cry. He buries his face into Harry's chest, practically sobbing. Harry does his best to comfort his friend, but he wasn't exactly the best in these kind of situations. He would've usually said some stupid joke, made Louis laugh and shake his head in disappointment.

"Hey Lou... What did one hat say to the other?" Harry asks quietly, knowing that this would probably make Louis smile.

"What?"Louis sniffs a little before pulling back from Harry's hug.

"You stay here, I'll go on a head." Harry pauses for effect, a large grin on his face that slowly started to fade as Louis just stared at him.

"You're such an idiot." Louis finally says, chuckling sadly before giving Harry a hug.

"At least I made you laugh." Harry says proudly before returning Louis' hug. They just stay like that for a minute or two, a comfortable silence before Louis lets out a sigh.

"So... Do you know who the dad is?" Harry asks, biting his bottom lip. He wasn't really sure how Louis was going to take that question.

"Yeah... but unfortunately for me... It's the last person I'd want to have kids with." Louis grumbles, pulling away from Harry to sit back down on the couch. Harry looks at Louis with a confused look, only one person coming to mind as to who Louis would hate the most.

"I didn't know Michael was in town." Harry says, earning a snort with from Louis.

"It's not Michael. Not even close." Louis says, shaking his head before biting on his bottom lip. He wasn't sure if he could tell Harry... There was a chance he'd tell Liam, and that was the last thing Louis needed right now... If Liam found out... Louis knew it wouldn't be pretty.

"Then who?" Harry presses, really wanting to know who it was.

"You have to promise you won't tell anyone, Harry..." Louis looks at Harry, chewing his bottom lip as he waits for Harry to promise him.

"Course... I won't tell anyone." Harry promises almost instantly, sitting down on the couch next to Louis.

"It's Zayn... Zayn is the baby's dad." Louis whispers before hiding behind his throw pillow from earlier. He wasn't really sure how Harry was going to act, but to be honest... he wasn't expecting Harry to laugh. Louis moves the pillow away from his face, looking at Harry in complete disbelief. Harry couldn't stop laughing, tears actually welling up in his eyes from laughing so hard. Louis couldn't take it any longer before smacking Harry with his pillow.

"It's not that funny!" Louis yells, still looking at Harry like he'd lost his mind. Harry takes a few more minutes to calm down, his laughing becoming wheezes after that. He wipes away the tears before he takes a deep breath to clam himself.

"I'm sorry... It's just... You and Zayn!" Harry bursts into another fit of laughter, this one only lasting for a minute or two before Louis smacked Harry's arm.

"Are you done?" Louis asks, crossing his arms over his chest as he glares at Harry. Harry nods, taking another deep breath.

"Yes. I'm done. I'm sorry." Harry says, biting his bottom lip in hopes to stop himself from laughing again. It really wasn't that funny... Harry was just in shock.

"So like... Do I wanna know how this happened, or?" Harry asks, sitting in front of Louis Louis sighs before running a hand through his hair.

"Does it really matter? I mean... We did it? Now I'm pregnant, and there's no way in hell I'm telling him." Louis says, shaking his head before standing up from the couch. Harry looked at Louis with a confused look, not truly understanding what Louis meant by that.

"What do you mean you're not telling him? Louis..."

"He's not going to give a shit, Harry. Trust me. He's an arrogant asshole and he'll pull that stupid 'it's not my baby' shit on me. It's not worth it." Louis lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair. Harry bites his bottom lip, all the giggles from earlier gone. Harry knew that Louis was right, and he agreed with the older boy. He just wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do.

"Look... I'm not saying you have to tell him now... but eventually he's gonna find out Lou. What if you can't do this on your own?"

"I've got you, I've got my mum.... I can do this." Louis says, but he isn't really sure if he's telling the truth. Harry had a point... Eventually Zayn was going to find out.

"Look... I've got a while before I need to make this decision... How about I schedule a doctor's appointment... and we can figure stuff out from there." Louis finds himself saying, knowing that was the best he could do at this point. His mind was a jumbled mess and he just didn't know what to do at this point in time.

All he knew was that he was pregnant...

With Zayn Malik's baby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there we have it.

Harry is probably gonna be one of my favorite characters in this story haha.

What do you guys think about this story so far? :)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx