twenty: baby number two

"Are you sure you want to go with me? I can go by myself, it's not a big deal." Louis said nervously as Zayn drove him to his doctor's appointment. Zayn had called Louis just an hour or so before, letting Louis know that he was taking him out for lunch. Louis had to "regretfully" inform Zayn that he had a doctor's appointment, but the younger boy was in for a little surprise when Zayn asked if he could go. Louis wasn't really sure how much Zayn was going to invest in their kids, the way he made it sound... He was hardly going to be involved. 

"It's my kid, I can go to a doctor appointment." Zayn says as if that's the most obvious answer in the world. Louis bit down on his bottom lip softly, he still hadn't told Zayn that they were expecting more than just one baby. Louis just didn't know how to tell him, that was the main reason why he'd been putting it off. 

"Okay... But I thought we were supposed to keep the whole me being pregnant thing on the down low until after we got married..." Louis says quietly, trying to figure out a way to get out of Zayn going with him. He really didn't want Zayn to find out about baby number two from the doctor, but he still couldn't find the words to tell him that there was a baby number two. 

"We are, why do you think we took Liam's car?" 

"I didn't even realize it was Liam's if I'm honest..." 

"My point exactly." Zayn says, finally reaching the hospital. He pulled into the underground parking and quickly found a spot. He made sure to get out of the car first, running to Louis' side to open the door for the nineteen year old boy before he had even gotten his seat belt off. Louis was a little surprised at first, climbing out of the car as he muttered a quiet thanks. Zayn didn't say anything, shutting the door before waiting for Louis to start walking. The two boys walked in silence which just made Louis feel even more nervous. 

It didn't take them long to reach the lobby where Louis checked himself in. He was still nervous as hell and it wasn't helping that Zayn wasn't talking to him. He filled out the paperwork that was required, sneaking a look at Zayn every once in a while. Zayn was on his phone, probably emailing someone but Louis couldn't be sure. 

"Louis Tomlinson?" A nurse calls out, making the younger boy jump a little. He stood up from his spot next to Zayn who stuffed his phone into his pocket before following Louis over to the nurse. She gave Louis a bright smile to which the nineteen year old boy returned with a nervous smile. She did the mandatory check up, taking Louis' blood pressure and checking his weight before she took him to a small little room with an ultrasound machine. Louis climbed up onto the examination table where he once again waited nervously for his doctor. Zayn sat down in the chair across the room, typing away on his phone as he also waited.

"Zayn? I gotta tell you something." Louis finds himself saying, the nerves finally getting to him. He wasn't going to let Zayn find out through his doctor.

"What?" Zayn asks, not even bothering to look up from his phone. 

"It's about the baby..." Louis says, his voice shaking a little as he speaks. He was so goddamn nervous. 

"What about the baby?" Zayn finally looks up from his phone, a confused look on his face as he does so. Louis hesitates in answering, biting down on his bottom lip before he opens his mouth to speak. He didn't get the chance to tell Zayn before his doctor walked in, a smile on her face.

"It's good to see you Louis, how are you feeling?" She asks, sitting down in the other available chair in the room. Louis is shaking at this point, mainly due to the fact that Zayn still didn't know.

"Nervous..." Louis says honestly, earning a sympathetic look from his doctor. 

"That's perfectly normal, but I can assure you everything's going to be just fine. So how about we get this started." She said, flipping the ultrasound machine on before grabbing the bottle of gel. She instructed Louis to push his shirt up and the young boy did as he was told. He risked a quick glance towards Zayn who was no longer on his phone, waiting patiently to see what he thought was just one baby. It didn't take long before there was the sound of two very steady heart beats filling the room. Zayn shifted in his seat so he could get a better view, a confused look on his face as he looks at the screen. 

"Well here's baby one." Louis' doctor said, pointing at what now appeared to be a baby shaped blob. 

"Baby one?" Zayn asked, his attention now directed towards Louis. Louis couldn't look at Zayn, biting down rather hardly on his bottom lip now. 

"Yes, and here's baby two." The doctor says, pointing at the other baby shaped blob. Louis still doesn't say anything, nor does he look at Zayn... but he can feel the other boy's stare. 

"You're about 12 weeks along now, which means by your next appointment we can try to make a guess at the genders. It all just depends on how they're positioned. Now I'm assuming you'd like some print outs?" Louis nodded and with that his doctor walked out of the room. Louis finally looked at Zayn, a sheepish smile on his face. Zayn looked rather angry, his arms crossed over his chest as he glares at Louis.

"Since when was there a baby number two and were you ever going to tell me?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNNNNND THAT'S CHAPTER TWENTY.

It doesn't feel like I should be on chapter twenty

Like wtf.

Didn't I just start this book?

Any guesses on baby genders? ;)

and hooray for a new coverrrrrrrrrrrrrr haha

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx