fourteen: the thin line between love and hate

Louis eventually makes it home, letting out a small sigh as he sees that his mum was already gone. It didn't really surprise him though, she was a busy woman and had a lot to do. Louis throws his keys onto the counter, running a hand through his hair as he walks into the front room.

"Well it's about time. Jesus Lou, where'd you go?" Louis jumps at the sound of Harry's voice, clutching his chest for a second before glaring at his friend.

"Dammit, Harry. Who let you in?" Louis asks after he calms down a little.

"Your mum did before she left. Wanted me to tell you she's gonna be gone for a couple days again. Where have you been?" Harry asks, leaning over the back of the couch so he could look at Louis.

"Does it matter?" Louis arches his eyebrows before walking over to the couch. Harry's gaze follows him, a somewhat annoyed expression covering the youngers face.

"Well yeah, the last thing you said to me was and I quote "I'm going to kick Zayn's ass." So you can't exactly blame me when I wanna know where you went."

"I went on a drive, to clear my head." Louis lies, not really sure why he was lying. Maybe it was because he didn't want Harry to know about his plan with Zayn... He didn't want him to tell him it was stupid, that it was all a mistake... Louis didn't need Harry telling him something he already knew. 

"So you didn't kick his ass?" Harry asks slowly, looking at Louis expectantly. 

"No. I didn't kick his ass." Louis sighs, shaking his head before walking into the kitchen. Harry jumps off the couch, following Louis in hopes of getting more out of him.

"Are you sure? Cause Liam said he saw you at the office." Harry says, standing in the kitchen doorway as he looks at Louis. Louis instantly stiffens, a guilty feeling starting to form. He should've known that Liam would say something to Harry, he really should've. 

"Okay... So I stopped by his office. It's not that big of a deal." 

"If it's not that big of a deal, why'd you lie?" 

"I didn't lie... I went for a drive and I didn't kick his ass. I just didn't say where I went." Louis tries, not really sounding all that convincing. Harry is looking at him with disappointment, which in turn just made Louis want to roll his eyes. 

"Oh will you stop looking at me like that? You're not my dad, Harry." Louis glares at Harry as the younger continues to stare at him. Harry shakes his head, crossing his arms over his chest as he sighs. 

"I'm just looking out for you." 

"You don't need to. I'm nineteen, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." 

"Alright, you can do whatever you want. Just know that I'm here when things fall to shit." Harry says, surprising Louis a little... He wasn't exactly sure what Harry meant by that... It wasn't like he knew that Louis had told Zayn he'd go along with his plan...

"What do you mean by that?" Louis asks, his glare softening a little as he was somewhat nervous now. He wasn't quite sure why.

"If you didn't kick his ass, I'm left to believe that you guys are actually dating. Which would've been nice to know, being since I'm supposedly your best friend or something like that. I mean, honestly Lou! You see me nearly every day and I just barely found out you slept with Zayn two days ago. If you want to date the dick, then by all means, do it. But he's a good for nothing bastard who's only looking out for himself, and I can almost guarantee that he's going to break your heart. So just... don't be surprised when he decides he wants nothing to do with you or the tommo babies." Harry finishes, smiling as Louis' nose scrunches at the nickname. 

"I already told you I'm not calling them tommo babies." Louis groans out, looking up at the ceiling as Harry lets out a laugh.

"You so are. The nickname is going to stick." 

"No. It isn't." 

"Yes it is, just accept the fact your babies will forever be known as the tommo babies. I can see the headline right now, I seriously can." Harry teases, grinning like a madman as Louis glares at him again. Harry wasn't one to stay serious for long, quickly resulting to jokes or teasing when he found a situation growing a little heavy. Louis appreciated Harry for that, knowing that he was always going to have him by his side. 

"As far as the public knows, I'm not pregnant. I'm just dating Zayn." Louis says, pointing a finger towards Harry. 

"Which really is more of a shocker than you being pregnant. They're going to go batshit crazy with that interview that Zayn's going to release." 

"Is it really that much of a surprise?" Louis asks, already knowing the answer to his question. 

"F uck yeah it is. I mean for christ sake Lou, the both of you have hated each since you were little. No one saw this coming, not even me." Louis bites his bottom lip, feeling guilty again as he looks at Harry. Harry was so trustworthy, believing every word that Louis was saying... And Louis was giving him no reason to believe otherwise. The nineteen year old boy lets out a small chuckle, shaking his head before he speaks again. 

"Well you know what they say... there's a pretty thin line between love and hate." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe we're already at chapter fourteen. I'm like 99% sure I just started this story like a week ago...

This just proves that I can't stop updating. Like what the heck haha.

Anyways, that's all I've got to say today.

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx