Chapter 14: Chaos at the Hospital

“Excuse me miss,” Trevor limped as he walked. The doctors told him not to walk until he was fully healed but the level of his impatience was too high. The rubbers on his crutches almost slip from the cement pavement that was wet due to the slight drizzle.

“Yes?” Belle stared and was surprised that her eyes widened. “Trevor?” she immediately recognized him.

“Belle?” Trevor walked closer to have a better look, almost letting go of the plastic that contained their food.

“I thought you were dead,” Belle hugged him even though she didn’t fully know him yet. One of Trevor’s crutches fell to the floor that hit Belle’s foot, but it didn’t matter. “Athena was worried, she said you might have not make it.”

“She’s alive?” Trevor said in shock. The plastic fell to the floor that splattered fried rice and noodles from a Chinese restaurant unto the floor. Trevor felt sorry but Belle didn’t mind even though it messed with her shoes.

“Well alive is one thing but surviving is another thing,” she explained.

They sat on the SUV’s floor as Bryce was nicely seated at the back seat, just listening to the conversation as he still didn’t have the ability to talk. Trevor placed his crutches leaning on the car parked next to them; he seemed to have forgotten why he was there at the first place.

“I thought she was dead, there were men in all white and they took her inside the fog,” Trevor recalled. The memories of yesterday brought fears back into his eyes as his hands slightly shook and the hairs of his arms stood up to the roots.

“Those were our men, trying to rescue those they can, they only stumbled upon three person including Athena,” Belle explained as her eyes grew wiry. She sighed for a moment thinking of all the good men they lost on the building.

Trevor looked behind him as he heard the heavy breaths coming from the back seat then suddenly like the cold gush of wind hitting his face, he remembered his purpose to coming over.

“Hey, I know-“Trevor was about to say something when Belle’s friend butted in.

“Belle, you have to look at this,” her friend said in as she handed a standard green binoculars, “do you see those men marching in the bushes,” it was almost dark which only made it harder for Belle to see the marching men’s black shirt and camouflaged painted bodies, but one thing was for certain, a tribal tattoo that formed the shape of a bolt that ran from their necks was highly visible.

“Santhrose,” Belle said with a hiss, “what the hell are they doing now,” she complained and gave the binoculars to Trevor who didn’t seem like he knew what he was actually looking at.

“What are we going to do now?” Trevor set the binoculars down and took his crutches from the car. The group of Santhrose marching up to the hospital was humongous in number from afar, almost having the whole place surrounded.

“You’re not going to do anything, you come with her and I’ll stay back here,” Belle said as she loaded her guns and packed it in her belt. The last thing she took was a sword which she hung on her shoulders.

“No, I’m staying,” Trevor firmly said and Belle just gave him a saluting smile.

Belle closed the doors of the SUV and bumped it twice, signaling her friend to start the car. “Okay, but don’t blame me if you don’t see the end of the day.”

Trevor nodded and turned his back away where he saw the group of Santhrose was already fast approaching.

The driver opened her windows widely and gave an okay sign. “Get him to safety, make sure Cooper ad Roth finds out about this and send for help will you,” Belle ordered.