Chapter 5: Heavy Sleepers

Lavander’s aching body from the long rest she had made it hard for her to move. She extended her arms reaching for a glass of water by her bed side which took all of her effort. Upon the touched of her fingers, she accidentally knocked it over and shattered on impact. Athena was startled with the noise and fell by the sofa knocking her awake.

Athena slowly rose up and massaged her head, she looked over at the broken pieces of glass which littered the floor then shifted her eyes to Lavander who still had her arms extended. “Finally, you’re awake,” Athena gladly said, she walked over to her and careful not to step on any glass.

“Water,” was all Lavander said. Her desert dry throat made it hard for her to utter a word.

Athena quickly took the hint and ran outside to find some water. Lavander was left alone in her ward wondering what happened. She remembered being somewhere in the shadow of the past then all of a sudden she was at a hospital, nothing made sense to her at all.

Lavander began to examine the room; her clothes were neatly folded att the other side of the room. There were fruits and other goodies by the table where she tried to reach out for the glass of water. There were no balloons or teddy bears that say ‘Get Well Soon’. Nothing was made special for her which was fine. The only great thing she could think of was that she’s alive.

Athena walked inside the room with a bottle of water in her hand. She immediately opened it for Lavander to take a sip. Lavander didn’t hassle to drink at all, she made it casual and classy emptying the whole bottle.

“Want some more?” Athena asked. She took the bottle of water and threw it away.

“I’m fine,” Lavander said. She levitated an apple from the table and took a bite out of it. It felt good as she used her psychic abilities once again.

“How long was I out?” Lavander asked, she sat up and stretched her back. She instantly noticed that her nails were painted red, it didn’t affect her at all, in fact she liked it but decided not to tell Athena.

“Two days to be precise, a nurse will be here soon,” Athena said. She walked over the sofa and took the blanket. It was intended for Lavander but Athena figured that she had no use for it because she was unconscious at that time.

“I’m fine, where’s everyone else?” Lavander asked.

“Devin and Enzo are out on the field with Trevor training. Everyone’s been hard on that kid,” Athena said. She handed Lavander the blanket. She took it and covered her legs which were cold and somehow waxed.

Lavander gave a confused looked at Athena. “You need them,” Athena smiled and sat by the sofa. “What happened by the way?” Athena asked.

“I don’t know. Trevor took me somewhere in the past but I’m not expecting something like this would happen.” Lavander explained. She didn’t felt any anger towards Trevor, she was the opposite of that. She was glad and happy to had seen her family once again even though it was only a reflection of her memory.

“Trevor woke up a few hours after you guys were hospitalized. Things were bad at that time but everything is cool right now I guess,” Athena said.

“How about Sal and Charleston?” Lavander asked.

“Somewhere I don’t know, those two have been missing.” Athena looked at the mess of broken glass on the floor, “I’ll get something to clean that up.” Athena proceeded outside to look for a broom leaving Lavander alone once again.

Lavander was still uncomfortable with her aching body. She focused on herself and the feeling of electricity running all over her body made her feel alive. She healed herself from the pain she was aching. It felt great that she was full of energy once again. She removed all of the equipments that were in her body and stood up.