Prologue

Prologue

First thing Bryce remembered was the time he was kidnapped. A man (or more) came into his back and quickly knocked him unconscious by making him whiff a napkin with chloroform. Bryce was defenseless. He was vulnerable when attacked from the behind. He could had just stayed inside and be protected rather than going outside playing detective. ‘I’m so stupid.’ He thought to himself. Now he had to pay the prize.

It was hot and dark when Bryce woke up. He was handcuffed, blindfolded, tied and gagged. He doesn’t know where he was but he felt that he was kept inside a sack or a bag. He sensed the vibrations of a moving car.  He struggled for air as he started to get claustrophobic. He then commenced fighting to get out of his captivation. Bad memories engulfed his mind as he scuffled more and more. He tried to speak but the gag on his mouth prevents him to.

“Stop that, you’re not getting out of there anyway, so stop wasting your energy.” The man who had said it had a very rough voice like he had smoked too much cigarette. He beat Bryce with something hard in his head. Bryce let out a tear from the extreme pain it had caused. He stopped struggling and hoped to be rescued.

Minutes and hours passed as Bryce stayed in his position, as he lay helplessly in the backseat of a car. He didn’t move nor dared to speak. He feared that the man will hit him once more. The car finally stopped and two hands lifted him up and placed Bryce in their shoulder. He didn’t know what was going on or where the man was taking him.

Bryce felt fresh air once again as two men opened the sack and freed him from it. He was still tied and cuffed. They removed the gag from his mouth and the blindfold from his eyes. It took Bryce a few seconds from getting used to the light, he squinted his eyes until he was totally adjusted. He observed where he was at, an abandoned building with some heavy equipment and technologies on the side. There were about ten men guarding him, all with tattoos forming thunderbolt in their necks running down through their biceps. He remembered seeing them for the first time, back at their old place where Devin’s mom was killed.

Agnus Fray came in the room, heavily guarded, “Look who we got here. Why, its mister fortune teller himself. Isn’t that lovely?” He took his chin and looked at him with a closer inspection. “I thought we were never going to get you, but I’m Agnus Fray, I always get what I want.”

“What do you want?” Bryce barked at him. It definitely caught Agnus’ attention. He looked back at him and his smile faded. It worried Bryce.

“Aren’t you listening? Hmm?” Agnus looked scarier this time as he looked eye to eye with Bryce. His eyes could suck you to hell the longer you stare at them. “I want you alive and I want the Purple brats dead,” he hissed.

Bryce gathered up all of his courage to say something, “You’ll fail miserably, your legacy will die with you and your name will be mocked by millions of generation and you’ll never succeed at killing the Purple Children because they will kill you first.”

“ENOUGH!” Agnus slapped Bryce right on his face. The slap left a mark. Bryce didn’t speak anymore because he knew what he said was enough to intimidate him. He made everything up but he was hopeful that Agnus will believe them.

“Take him to cell O-2, next to the boy who could control liquid and make sure he gets no food or water for tonight.” Agnus left the room. He was clearly shaken by the information Bryce just told him. Bryce felt proud for what he did and yet he felt scared for every second he had to stay in this old abandoned building. He’s only hope was for Lavender and the rest of the Purple Children to come and rescue him.