Chapter 8: The Green Lady

Trevor walked quickly to Athena and poked her cheek repeatedly. “Athena,” he said and kept on poking. Athena was dozed off heavily and wasn’t giving the slightest clue that she was about to wake up soon.

Trevor knew that Athena must wake up tonight for something bad was going to happen to her daughter. The only way he knew he could wake her was by directly going to her thoughts and wake her up from the inside. It was a risk that could only be their option.

He stood first away from Athena and jumped up and down three times to get himself pumped up. He walked closely to Athena and slowly reached out for her forehead but then retreated his hands rapidly an inch away from her head.

“You could do this Trevor. Focus.” He jumped up and down once again and then kneeled beside Athena. Without hesitation, Trevor touched Athena’s forehead and entered into her mind which was dark and empty. He quickly remembered the time he had with Lavander and how it took her two days just to wake up, he hoped it would only take him a few minutes to get her out.

“Athena!” Trevor shouted on the empty space, it echoed inside the room frightening him and yet he stood courageous and moved on. Trevor wondered if what he was doing was correct and if ever Athena would be in the same place he was.

No one was in the empty space except for a tall, slim woman who had green skin and legs which was so long that it was the same height as Trevor, her eyes were larger than average on which in closer inspection had no pupils but was purely black and her hair was semi shaved that gave her a military woman look. Her chin was pointed and long and her lips were brightly red with glitter.

Trevor walked in closer and he noticed that her skin was full of bruises and scabs. Her left ankle was twisted and the clothes that she wore were tattered severely that you could see some of her skin through it. She stared blackly at a distance and didn’t even looked down as Trevor approached her.

Trevor looked to her face who was preoccupied at the moment. “Excuse me,” he shouted and seemed to catch the creature’s attention, she kneeled for Trevor’s sake and had a hard time doing so.

As Trevor eyes were fixed to the creature’s face, he was struck with terror and can’t manage to utter a word. “Athena.” He barely said.

The creature stood up and looked at her right shoulder. She pointed at that direction and retuned at ease. Trevor looked to where the creature had pointed and saw Athena and white dress floating in mid-air. The creature started to walk that caused little ripples on her path.

“Thank you,” Trevor shouted out and ran to Athena. She was the forty year old Athena with graying hair that also thinned out over the ages and created bald patches. Her thin arms and legs where worse than an anorexic model and her wrinkled face didn’t exactly define the beauty that she had been morphing into. It must be her true face and not the one she had made up.

“Athena,” Trevor touched her face.

Her distracted eyes move in his direction and blinked twice. “Trevor, you’re here,” her voice was hoarse and somewhat dehydrated. “Eliza.” She said.

“Yes, I know, we need to get out of here.” Trevor said and took Athena’s bony hands, “I just hope were in the same day when we get out.” He started to concentrate on a door which they can exit, he saw it slowly appearing in front of them and it opened voluntarily. Trevor guided Athena and they passed the door with no worries, everything went black and Trevor finally opened his eyes to the room and the sounds of sirens wailing throughout the whole building.

“RED ALERT, RED ALERT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.” The voice coming from the speakers said, from the sound of it, it seemed that it was Cooper who was talking. The message kept on repeating itself over and over again.