Chapter 16: Bryce Grew Some Tentacles

“Dad!” Lavander called out.

Lavander’s dad smirked and clicked on the trigger, the bullet sprung out of the barrel in slow motion as Lavander saw it. With a flick of her finger the bullet stopped in mid-air just centimeters away from her left eye. “Dad?” Lavander uttered once again.

Lavander raised her hands and his dad was lifted, unable to move as his gun fell to the ground. The other purples didn’t seem to have notice what Lavander was trying to do except for Nolan who thought it was only part of her plan. Lavander ran to the hospital entrance where the hallway was full of debris and dust from the fallen Santhrose. It was abandoned as the whole army fought outside at the front parking lot.

Enzo’s room was the first place Lavander entered while hauling his father along. Flickering lights welcomed Lavander as she took a chair and tied his father tightly with some sheets she found in one of the closets.

“You stay here dad,” Lavander held his father’s shoulder where it was cold, maybe from the drizzle as she thought. Tattooed on his neck was separate dots so close to each other that it formed the base of a bolt that ran up to his biceps. The blue cerulean eyes, yellow blonde hair that was combed backwards and small mole by his left ear was still the same as Lavander remembered them.

“I’m going to fix whatever’s wrong with you,” Lavander spoke out loudly when her dad kept on rumbling noises that didn’t made sense as he struggled to remove the sheets that was tying him down.

 As Lavander gently turned the knob of the door, one thing came into her mind, Enzo was there still lying peacefully. Lavander had the urge to go near him and even though his pulse was missing, it felt like he was only asleep to Lavander. His hands were cold to the touch as Lavander held them.

“We’re fighting for you,” Lavander said and gave a moment of silence before gently bringing Enzo’s hands down before running down to the door.

“You’re going to die out there,” Lavander’s father tilted his head upward and grinned, “all of you.” He said in an assuring manner, his voice changed abruptly, from the sound of milk and honey back when they were young to harsh and rough like a smoker’s voice.

“Do you even remember who I am?” Lavander said as she clutched the doorknob harder.

Lavander’s father spitted out some blood to the floor, “It doesn’t matter, you’re going to die out there.” Lavander felt a quick chill to her spine as her father talked. The face and the body were definitely from his father and yet the voice that came out of him was definitely far too sinister to be his.

With one big gulp of air, Lavander finally opened the door and ran outside to the parking lot as his father screamed: “Die,” over and over again.

Kiara finally had the guts to show herself to the battle. The black silk dress didn’t affect her battle moves as one by one, Charlestons were thrown from her path and crashing with great impact that caused them to dissolve in thin air.

Lavander saw that Devin was about to make a move from Kiara’s behind. Sprinting with great speed, Devin positioned his hands ready to strike but even before contact, Kiara’s hand quickly caught Devin’s hand in just split seconds without even looking behind. Bones almost cracked from Kiara’s grip on Devin’s fist. Without turning around, Kiara morphed so her face would face Devin’s. He lost his balance in shock of what he saw, Kiara smiled and sent Devin flying.

“No!” Lavander screamed from the top of her lungs and found herself running towards Kiara. Cement started to crack with every step Lavander took as her anger fueled her psychic abilities, her fist was the center of her strength as she was ready to give Kiara one big blow.