Chapter 1: Trembling with Fear

Lavander tried escaping the depths of the ocean but something was blocking her way, ‘A barrier maybe?’ She tried to break out but that only cost more of her air. She was losing a lot of oxygen. She started feeling really lightheaded, she felt her lungs grasping for air. She can’t do anything right now but to wait for final breath. She closed her eyes and opened them again.

The mighty chills of the ocean was gone, it was replaced by the blinding rays of the sun. She adjusted her eyes as she knew she was back to reality.

Lavander coughed as if she had really drowned. She inhaled a lot of oxygen and breathed heavily. She was sweating excessively through her clothes and jeans. She tried to move but her body was still aching from the battle that just happened.

She lay down for a second before attempting to move once again. She was successful this time but progress was slow. She saw Devin by her side sweating as well but his eyes were wide open and in shock. His hands were pinned to the ground clawing its way to the roots. Lavander didn’t know if what Devin saw was as same with her. She gazed over her surrounding and found the guy she just uncovered from the sack.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to,” he struggled with his words but his face was blank. Lavander could sense that he really meant it but his impassive face made it harder to figure out. She didn’t know how to respond to that just yet.

Lavander once again surveyed the surrounding. Nothing was left from the battle, everything turned to ash or retreated except for the cars that were left hanging there. She saw Enzo and Athena at the middle of the field. Enzo faced the horizon and watched as the sun sets to the west. Athena was there with him, but she remained silent as Enzo mourned for his loss.

Devin finally moved a finger from his paralyzed state. He slowly lifted his body from the ground and stared at Lavander blankly.

“What just happened?” Devin asked. His voice was scared and trembling. His eyes still shimmered with fear, and his body was still stiff.

“I don’t know, I was drowning at one time and then I was here.” Lavander said. She started realizing that what had just happened was an illusion created by the guy he uncovered from the sack. That was the only explanation she could think of. Everything was a deception and yet it felt real. That really puzzled and worried Lavander.

“You’re drowning? I was falling off a building. About 50 stories high, I thought I was dead when I hit the ground but I was alive, but I felt every bone in my body cracked and shattered.” Devin touched his rib cage just ensuring that it wasn’t broken.

“Once again, I really am sorry. I panicked when I saw both of you. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen other people before.” the guy said. He showed a little sympathy this time with his face but Lavander didn’t trust him yet. He was wearing the same clothes as Nancy did; pure white pajamas as Lavander would refer to them. He had a very long messy hair with dreadlocks on them, very thin, and pale.

“Who are you and why are you in that sack instead of my brother?” Lavander asked. Her voice was full of grievance and despair.  

“Trevor. I don’t know who your brother is or why I was there and not him. I don’t remember anything since my lady friend from the other cell was freed.” Lavander stood up with all her might and took Trevor’s neck and tried to choke him.

“I’ll ask once again. Where is he?” Lavander’s anger was being transferred to Trevor’s neck. He struggled for air. Trevor was in serious pain, his hands tried to stop Lavander’s grip but her anger made her strong. He extended his hands unto Lavander’s forehead then smiled.