Chapter 4: Visiting the Past

Lavander fell to her knees upon seeing Bryce’s condition, “What happened to you?” Lavander can’t move a muscle at all. She felt her anger boiling up inside her. The deep wounds on Bryce’s body indicated that he’s been whipped a lot of times, he’s clothes were too tattered that it was nearly gone and his right index finger was bent backwards forcedly. He was no longer walking straight, he was dragging his left foot along as he use a rusty old bar as a staff to help him walk.

Bryce went up to Lavander and held her shoulder, “Lavander help me.” Bryce said, his voice sounded very dry and rough. Lavander just stared at Bryce’s face, she can’t move her feet and arms if she wanted to.

Bryce shook Lavander’s shoulder hard, “Lavander…” He shook it harder, “Lavander...”

“Lavander…” Lavander opened her eyes, it was dark outside and it wasn’t raining at all, “Lavander.” Athena said, she shook Lavander’s shoulder gently, “you we’re having a nightmare.” Lavander adjusted her eyes to the place. She was still in a car but they weren’t park in either an ­­­inn or a motel, instead they were in a hotel, it didn’t look like a five start hotel, but it would really pass for a fancy hotel.

“Why are we in a hotel?” Lavander looked at Athena, she gave her an ‘I don’t know’ shrug.

Lavander looked at the front seats, “Where are the boys?” Lavander asked, even Trevor was missing in his seat, Charleston’s car was parked next to theirs, both front seats were vacant.

Athena checked her finger nails as it changed color and design every second, she would take a look at one color and she would change to the next, “Inside, doing some paper work and stuff.” Lavander can’t understand much of what Athena was talking about.

Lavander checked the parking lot, only five cars were parked and two of it was theirs. A minute later a bellhop came in with the keys of their car, he was wearing a black uniform with glossy red edges and buttons, he also wore a hat with gold pattern of some sort embroidered to it. He immediately opened the trunk which made Lavander worried, “Hey, hey, who says you can open that?” Lavander came out of the car and looked at the man who just finished taking all of their bags out and into his trolley. Lavander was worried because she knew there were a lot of guns in one of the bags.

 The bellhop smiled and looked at Lavander, “Have a good one ma’am.” He walked away carrying the bags with the guns inside.

Lavander was confused at what she saw, she went back to the car and sat down, “Was that Charleston?” Lavander asked Athena who was still busy picking the right shade of red to match her new outfit.

“Yes it was, and if you look by the entrance, there is a Charleston guard, and over there a Charleston janitor.” Athena said. She didn’t even looked at the other Charlestons, she just kept on adjusting colors, “Does this look great, its crimson.” Athena said.

 Lavander stared at her, “Huh?” She said in confusion. Athena returned admiring her nails.

“This is bad, a whole hotel run by a purple is bad.” Lavander said, she went outside the car and marched to the front entrance, Athena followed locking the car doors behind her.

Athena ran to Lavander, “It’s not that bad, we can outnumber them.” She held Lavander’s hand as if they were BFF’s and they walked through the entrance together.

The boys were just about to exit the entrance when Lavander and Athena made it there.

“Hey, how do you find the place? Too much?” Charleston said. Lavander examined the place, a two story hotel with old fashion bricks which can be found used in old castles, filled with moss that made it look vintage, and a rectangular window in every room. There were a lot of palm trees by the parking lot which were covered with Christmas lights to make it look more festive at night.