Epilogue: Lavander Meets the Gods for her Birthday

It had been three days since their encounter back at the hospital. According to the reporters, there was a gas leak in the hospital which caused the ruins of the main entrance, and also according to the reporters, there were no casualties pertaining to the explosion which Lavander knew was a big lie. Witnesses stated that around midnight, they saw hundreds of men hiding in the woods, terrorists as they supposed which shook the whole neighborhood. The officials stated that the rumors about a terrorist attack weren’t true and the group of people hiding in the woods was simply the military doing some drills, another lie.   

They found their way back to Enzo’s isolated cabin in the woods which took them almost a day to find. It was open as it was kept unlocked the last time they were there and everything was perfectly still once they’ve entered, although a little dusty. Clutter of guns and clothes were still on Enzo’s room, the ones he never intended to pack but removed from his closet anyway. The sweet scent of his perfume still left that faint aroma which lingered the room. Memories of the past made Lavander to cry herself when no one else was looking.

Trevor was brought to a nearby clinic once the bleeding got out of hand, he was detained there for a day before the doctor said that it was only a minor injury. He was well with his new bandages and crutches but still a little down from what he saw back at Kiara’s mind, in the two night he had, he’d always stay awake from the monstrous nightmares he’d been having.

“Good Morning,” Belle greeted as she walked inside the kitchen with only a white long length shirt on. Frizzy hair and uncovered eye bags became her thing after the hospital incident, none of them was the same after that.

“Good Morning,” Lavander poured in a cup of hot coffee to a mug which she then offered Belle. The face of her father appeared on her memories and how sinister it became. She never had the courage to tell anyone about it but it bothered her a lot.

“Can I ask you something?” Lavander asked quietly.

Belle looked at her while taking a sip on her coffee, she raised an eyebrow and stared.

“I saw my dad back there,” Lavander said while staring at a distance.

“So?” Belle took some French toast Lavander made and chewed on them.

Lavander tilted her head facing Belle. “He’s been dead for almost five years,”

The piece of information didn’t shock Belle at all, she placed her mug at the counter and took a bite at the French toast. “One of Kiara’s god given ability is necromancy so she could raise people from the dead, but a limited number as I was told, she doesn’t like to drain her energy,”

Lavander had this stare. “There it is, god, she said the gods will fall or something like that, what the hell is she talking about?”

Belle took her mug from the counter and turned away. “I said too much, it’s better for you not to know.” She took off with another French toast.

Lavander ran out to her and stopped her from making it into her room. “What do you mean?”

Belle looked away from Lavander’s focused glare.

“Belle, tell me.” Lavander repeated again and this time she was more determined.

The mug on Belle’s hand fell to the floor that shattered in hundreds of pieces. Lavander got carried away with the mug falling that she didn’t notice that Belle ran to her room, shutting the door behind her. “Go away!” she ordered.

Lavander felt annoyed partly because the mug was Enzo’s and second, she just wouldn’t budge. The skin on Lavander’s unprotected foot turned red from the hot coffee but slowly mended itself with a cool refreshing feel. “Belle, tell me.” She ordered but this time adding her persuasive voice ability into it.