Chapter 11: Everybody's Hurt

“Athena we need to go,” Trevor called out. The men in tuxedos were outnumbered by a lot, one by one they fall and none survived even those who tried to retreat, the men with tattoos scrammed to the different levels of the building once everyone looked dead.

Two men saw Trevor and started to go after him, he aimed his gun and shot it at one of them. Surprisingly it hit him straight in his head, more men noticed the fallen men and five of them came in his aid. “Athena!” Trevor shouted.

Athena looked at him, “I’ll transform into a small horse then hop on my back. Hold on to my hair then.” She crouched then transformed into miniature white with black spot horse. Trevor hop on her back and she started to grow into a fully matured racing horse. She galloped her way out while six other men chased her.

Athena was tired, she wasn’t as fast as a horse would be, and the men easily catch up to her. They brought with them their gun and started shooting, Trevor started shooting and at least got two of them. They kept on shooting until a cloud of green fog appeared from their feet, it trapped the men in tattoos but Athena and Trevor kept on going.

“I think we lost them,” Trevor said and Athena stopped which caused Trevor to be thrown forward. She transformed back to her human form exhausted and dehydrated.

“Athena, we need to keep going.” Trevor took his gun and hid it in his pocket. He heard coughing from the fog and gunshots once again.

“Aah!” Athena cried out. A lost bullet found its way to her abdomen. She lay on her back with her hand giving pressure to her wound. She slowly rose up and extended her arms instructing Trevor to carry her.

“Are you okay?” Trevor asked, he went to Athena and took her on the shoulders, they walked slowly while Athena limped out.

“Does it look like I’m okay,” Athena pointed out. “I just need some rest and I can regenerate,”

“You can do that?” Trevor asked. He’s about to lay her down in a nearby tree to let her rest for a moment but more gunshots came from the cloud of green fog. No lost bullet came in their way but both of them froze in terror.

“We need to keep on going,” Athena suggested and Trevor tried to sprint while carrying Athena in one hand. They entered into a thick forest which made it harder for them to walk with the tall grass and insects stopping their way. Athena and Trevor were both covered in mud and scratches with only minutes inside the jungle.

“They’re gaining on us,” Trevor said as he noticed that the cloud of green fog started to move and seemed to follow them.

“Just leave me here,” Athena ordered. She removed her hands from Trevor’s waist and fell on the ground. Her wound was worse; it soaked half of her pants already. Her face was really pale and the life on her eyes was completely sucked out.

“No I’m not leaving you,” Trevor took her arms and he carried her in his back. Athena no longer argued and gone with the flow. Athena wasn’t as heavy as Trevor thought with all the adrenaline going on. She lay rested on his back. She didn’t speak on the whole ride. For a moment, Trevor knew that Athena was going to die on his back, there were only trees where they’re at, there was no sign of civilization on sight. The good news was, it seemed that the fog stopped far behind them but the sounds of boots terrified them.

They passed through trees and rivers but the Trevor just kept on running and eventually his feet started to give up on him and his muscles were burning. His breaths were getting larger and larger, his sweat dripped through his nape soaking his shirt mixing with the soaked blood on his back.