twenty four

Zayn opened the door to a see smiling Harry holding up a bouquet of white and red roses. He was dressed in a black suit that fit his figure well. The dress shirt he wore underneath was a deep red color and his tie was black like his suit. His dress shoes were new. And his hair was long and flowing and beautiful as his curls shimmered from the porch light. He looked really good.

"Hi." He said with a wiggle of his eyebrows and he held the bouquet out to her. "These are for you."

She took them from him and sniffed them. "Thank you, Harry. They're beautiful."

"I knew you'd like them."

Her smile stretched to her eyes as she opened the door wider. "Come on in."

Zayn didn't have her shoes on already, but he could not get over how stunning she was tonight. Her hair was done up, her lipstick was bright red, and she wore this knee high black dress that tightly fit her body at every curve. Solid black material stopped just above her chest while lace covered her clavicle, shoulders and down to her forearms. She wore a pair of gold dangling earrings too. He entertained the thought that she could have possibly stepped right out of a high priced fashion catalog.

"Zayn, you look absolutely amazing." He commented. "I can't wait to take you out in front of everyone."

"Well you said this was going to be a special night and I wanted to be dressed for the occasion. So I found something that might possibly render you speechless." She took the roses to the kitchen and he followed her.

"Then you did an excellent job of that. Because I don't even think a word in the dictionary describes the way you look."

That was a compliment she'd never heard before and it made her heart beat excitedly. "Thanks, baby. But you should see yourself. Took all my might not to kiss you at the door."

He pushed his hands into his pockets and grinned. "I know."

She found a vase in the back of the cabinet underneath the kitchen sink and put the flowers in that. After running water in it, she placed the vase on one of the counters. "Now, let me go put on my shoes, grab my clutch and my coat and I'll be ready."

"Sure babe. Remember we're going to stop by my mum's before we go to dinner."

"Okay." She disappeared around the corner.

Harry chuckled to himself, thinking about the night they had before them. He planned out a nice date for them. As much as he wanted to though, he couldn't kiss her just yet. He'd told her they couldn't kiss until the "right time" which he, of course, already designated and he couldn't wait for it to arrive.

"I'm ready." he heard and he looked up to see she'd done everything she said and also put on black stockings along with a pair of red heels that almost matched his shirt.

"Let's go then."

"Bye Teddy! Where ever you've run off to. Mummy will be back later on tonight. I promise."

And after locking the front door, they were on their way.

*

*

*

"Harry, honey. Where is your coat?" His mother asked as the two walked in the door.

"I don't need one. I'm a man."

"I'm not sure what planet you've come from but here on Earth, men get cold too."

He chuckled. "You know I came from you. Stop kidding around. And in case you haven't noticed yet, these are for you."