four

"Wait Harry." Zayn said, tugging at her red dress which fit her tiny curves perfectly.

Harry gave her a weird look.

"What? I want to make sure I look good before I walk in. Definitely not about to walk in there looking bad."

Harry looked down at her red dress and saw how it didn't even touch her knees. He saw her jet black stilettos and her matching clutch. Sure, it all looked good on her and yes, she was breathtaking in red. But he'd rather not see her in it. He knew that if he could see it, the other guys there would notice it too.

"Come on, Veronica. You look great." He grabbed her hand in his and was satisfied when her fingertips curved around his hand in return.

They could barely hear anything when they got up to the door but once they had shown him their ID and got inside, music filled their ears and the smell of alcohol and food filled their nostrils.

"Remind me why we're here again?" Harry asked.

"Well actually, I came because the girls are supposed to be meeting me here. You came, because you keep feeling the need to watch over me."

"I feel a need because there is a need."

"Veronica! Veronica!" Zayn looked in the direction her name was coming from to see two women waving her over toward the bar.

"Come on, Harry. There they are."

"Who are they?"

"Lara and Natalie. They are my two workmates and my friends. Come on. Let's go meet them."

Now she was pulling Harry. They quickly got over to them and he saw how Zayn was beaming with joy. "Harry, this is Lara Tomlinson. Lara, meet Harry Styles." He saw she had beautiful brown hair and blue eyes. She wore a short black glittery dress that hung from her shoulders and she had on silver heels.

He shook her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"And this is Natalie Horan." Zayn said pointing to a blonde haired girl. Harry saw she also had blue eyes. However, though she had on a pair of yellow heels, her pink dress did touch her knees.

She shook his hand and Harry tried not to look suspiciously at it. But he couldn't help himself. "You're married and you're here alone?"

She looked at the ring on her finger and laughed. "No, it's fake. All three of us girls have a different one. We decided we'd wear our fake ring whenever we go out if we don't feel like worrying with men. If they see the ring, most of them will walk on by us. It works."

"Oh, I get it." Harry looked at Zayn. "So Veronica, where's your ring?"

Natalie and Lara laughed, but Zayn turned to him rolling her eyes when they couldn't see. "Harry, why don't you go... away, while me and the girls mingle, okay."

"What am I gonna do?"

"I don't know. Whatever you want. Find something to drink. But don't get drunk because you're the designated driver... just in case. I'll meet you back at this spot in two and a half hours. I promise."

Harry sighed. "Um... okay. Take my credit card then. And whatever you see that you want, get it. Don't worry about it." He reached in his back pocket and Zayn could hear a chorus of aw, he's so sweet's coming from behind her.

"I brought money, remember?" She held up her clutch.

"I know. But take it anyway."

"What about you? Aren't you getting a drink?"