Chapter 26

To help with some of the confusion:

Ethan, Kevin, Josh, Chris, and Casey are all CIA agents. Amanda is Chris' girlfriend and Emily is Amanda's best friend and soon to be Kevin's girlfriend.

Jon and John, (those two guys who tried to kidnap her) were sent by an unknown person to come and kidnap Miley, but they aren't sure why yet.

Yeah I know this story isn't perfectly planned out, so bare with me. My ideas for this story change every day so it's hard for me to plan it out.

any more confusion just let me know :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So can you explain to me why those guys were after me?” I asked once Kevin and Chris sat down in Josh’s living room. Josh’s house was small, yet dainty but not as clean as Ethan’s.

“Someone must have heard us talking when I told you I worked for the CIA.” Ethan said.

“Logan.” I said in realization. “He must have followed me outside.”

“Wait, Logan Jenner?” Kevin asked. I nodded yes and looked over to where Ethan was. His fingers were pinching the bridge of his nose and he had is eyes closed.

“I don’t understand why we can’t turn these guys in right now. We have enough proof that they have illegal weapons, so what are we still doing here?” Josh pointed out.

“The director believes that there are more people involved, so we have to stay and keep watching.” Kevin said. I guess he was the messenger for the group.

“So what are we going to do about Miley? We can’t let her go to school with Logan and not have anyone watching her.” Emily said.

“That’s where I come in.” Ethan said with an eye roll and a smile. He got up from where he was sitting and sat next to me on the couch, pushing Casey onto the ground.

“Hey! I was sitting next to her!” she pouted. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

“I’ll keep an eye on her and make sure Logan doesn’t come near her.”

“Melissa is dating him still. He’s always with her when I see her.”

“You have to break them up. He’s a dangerous person and we don’t want her to get hurt, or killed. Tell her that he tried to make out with you. If I was a girl I would break up with him if I heard that.” Kevin said.

 Ethan stiffened up. “Isn’t there another thing she could make up?” He asked.

“It’s a good idea Eth. She won’t actually have to make out with him.” Amanda said, winking at me.

He sighed in defeat and nodded.

“Does Logan know where you live Miley?” Josh asked.

“He had a limo come pick Melissa and me up for homecoming, and was in my house for pictures. Jessica gave the limo driver the directions, but not the address. And the address isn’t on the house, so I don’t think he knows it.”

“We still have to be careful though. If you think something’s going on in your house, call one of us ok?” Josh said. I sighed. I felt like I was being held prisoner. I hated the fact that everyone had to watch me 24/7.

“Okay.” I said in an annoyed tone. Everyone stayed quiet and you could practically cut the tension in the air with a knife.

“Did you know that grapes have grown wild since prehistoric times?” Casey asked, breaking the silence. We all looked at her, while she gave us a sheepish smile, and I put my head in my hands, biting back laughter.