My Messed Up Life (a student/teacher love story) 8

Up until 6pm I stayed in my room thinking about changing to an AP class. I didn’t want to change because Melissa was in my class, but it didn’t sound like my parents cared. I don’t think I have a choice to stay or move up. When I realized it was already 6, I hurried and got into the shower, making sure that I smelled good for tonight. I decided on jean shorts and a Miami University sweatshirt. It was still summer, but it gets cold at night..

Once I got done getting ready, it was 8 o’clock. I called Melissa to see if she needed a ride, which she did, so I got in my mom’s car and drove over to her house. By the time I got over to her house, picked her up, and drove home, it was 8:45. I stopped back at my house to get Jessica’s address and then we were off. Melissa and I made small conversation the whole ride, and once I pulled into her driveway I realized where she actually lived. Next to Mr. Konrad.

“Uhh Melissa?” I said before she was able to get out of the car. “She lives next to Mr. Konrad.”

“What!? Are you serious!” she screamed leaning back into the car.

“Yeah…I really hope he’s not home. I don’t want him to see me.”

“Alright well let’s get in the backyard. With a bunch of people here he won’t know who is who if he actually is home.” She said pulling me out of the car. I instantly heard the music from the backyard which made me a little excited to be here now. We quickly walked into the backyard, which was crowded with kids. There were a couple people swimming in her pool, some around the bonfire and the rest standing around talking.

Melissa and I joined Jessica and her best friend Shelby by the fire. We were all having a good time, joking around with all the guys sitting with us, and then all hell broke loose. I looked over at the pool and saw Danny and Morgan having an intense make out session. As I tried to look away without crying I saw Alise walking towards me. Melissa must have seen her coming too because she stood up next to me.

“You like what you see Miley?” Alise said with a bitchy smile and looking back at Danny and Morgan.

“Alise leave her alone. Why don’t you just go look at yourself for an hour and call it a day.” Melissa shot back at her.

“Aww poor Miley can’t stick up for herself.” Alise said with a fake pout.

“Wanna bet?” I said. I tried to jump at her but Tyler held me back.