Chapter 17

so before you guys read this chapter, go to the previous chapter and read the last line, cause i changed it and it may not be alot but just do it lmfao.

♥kayray

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up to find myself in my room alone. I was a little disappointed that Ethan left last night, but we both know that he couldn’t stay anyways. I let out a long sigh and lifted myself off my bed and headed for the door. There was a piece of paper taped onto my door that said:

“Sorry I couldn’t stay the night. Call me when you wake up. –Ethan”

The thought of Ethan being in my room, lying down next to me made me shutter. How did I end up with someone like him? I opened my door and headed down to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. Thank god it was Saturday because I really didn’t feel like making myself look presentable. Once I got down the stairs I saw shoes by the front door, my parent’s shoes by the door. What the hell is going on?

I walked slowly into the kitchen to see my parents giving each other the death stare. That’s…weird.

“What are you guys doing home already? I though you guys were going to be gone for a couple days.” I said, crossing my arms. They didn’t even know I was there until I spoke.

“We all need to have a talk.” My mom said with her eyes still glued to my dad’s.

“Uhh…okay?” I said as I took a seat next to my mom. “Is everything okay?”

“You’re dad is having an affair with someone and he decided that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.” She said. Did I just hear her right? He’s…having an AFFAIR?

“WHAT!?” I screamed as I looked at my dad in disbelief. He was looking down at his hands, trying to not make eye contact with me. “With who!?”

“It doesn’t matter Miley. Anyways this is what we are going to do. I’m going to live with Joanna until I find a place to move into and you, Miley, can either live with me or your father. It’s up to you.” She said as she looked at me. Well that was a no brainer.

“I’m living with you, mom.” I said blankly. I couldn’t keep my eyes off my dad. How can he do this to us!? I felt my eyes start to well up with tears and didn’t even try to hide them. I want him to see how much this hurts and I want him to feel guilty.

“Then it’s settled. Go grab some things that will last you a few weeks and meet me down here in ten.” She said as she got up and started to walk up the stairs. I just sat there, staring at my dad until he finally looked up at me.

“Why?” was all I could say. I wiped tears off of my cheeks and waited for him to answer.

“I’m sorry…” he said. He looked back down at his hands, so I got up and left. I hated him for doing this to us. I hate him! I ran up to my room and packed all of my clothes and other stuff into three suitcases and headed out the door. I was never coming back here, so what was the point of only bringing some of my stuff? My mom helped me pack my stuff in the trunk and we were off. We sat in silence for the whole car ride until we got to her friend’s place. It wasn’t a house, it was a mansion! This was so much better than living with my cheating dad!