Chapter 39 part 2

Finally here's part 2!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon we were being ambushed by a bunch of guys in all black. Ethan shoved me behind him and started for the door. I heard one gunshot and tightly closed my eyes, hoping it didn’t hit me or Ethan. Inside I was preparing myself for the worst: someone getting shot, or hurt, or even someone dying. I kept telling myself not to have a mental breakdown if someone like died or got hurt, but knowing me I would freak out if someone scraped their knee on the ground.

The hallway that me and Ethan were running down was honestly the longest one in the world. By the time we hit the turn I was out of breath while Ethan was pulling me forward. I looked back to find Casey covering us. I heard a few more gun shots before we got out of the building.

We jumped into the car and sped out of the forest we were in.

“You alright?” Ethan asked me, shooting a worried glance my way.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a little out of breath.” I answered. I looked back at a very calm Casey. “How did you guys find me without getting caught?”

“Easy, Josh and Kevin distracted the guys while Ethan and I looked for the room.” Casey said as she pointed back towards the house.

“Do you know those people?”

“We knew Brody from back in the agency, but not the other guys.” Casey said.

“Oh, gotcha. So what happens if Kevin and Josh need help?”

“They won’t need help. There’s only a couple guys left in the building.” Ethan said. By now we were already on the highway except I didn’t recognize any of the city names.

“Guys, where are we? And how long was I out?”

Ethan scratched the back of his neck while Casey stared out the window.

“Ethan?”

“You’ve been out for three days. We’re in St. Louis.” He said.

“St. Louis!? Three days!? Are you kidding me? That’s like…four hours away from my house! Does my mom know what’s going on?” I asked.

“I told her that me and you were spending the weekend together and that there was a three day weekend at school. Don’t worry, I handled it.” He said with a weak smile.

“Oh my God this is a mess.” I said putting my head in my hands. “How come they go for me? Haven’t they learned that I’ll kick their ass? I mean that is if it’s just one on one.”

“No offense, but you’re the weak link. They just want to get through to Ethan.” Casey said shrugging.

“That’s stupid.” I said. I yawned and leaned my head back onto the seat.

“Miles you tired?” Ethan asked.

“Yeah a little. Since we have four hours till we get home I’m going to sleep.” I said and a few minutes later I drifted off to sleep.

*

“Miley. Wake up, you’re home.” Ethan said. I slowly opened my eyes to see Ethan’s face extremely close to mine.

“I don’t wanna get out.”

“Then don’t.” He said as he closed my door and walked to his. He hopped into the car and turned to me.

“I didn’t even get to see you this weekend.” I said, still half asleep.

“You got to see me now though.” He said, inching his face closer to mine.

“That doesn’t count.” I whispered.

When his face was an inch away from mine is when my brain turned on and my heartbeat started to increase. “Does this count?” he asked right before he pressed his lips to mine quickly and pulled away.

I frowned. “I hate it when you do that.”

“I know.” He said with a grin. “You never kiss me first, so I get to have some fun with this.”

“I’ve kissed you first before!” I said appallingly.

He shook his head no with a smile still glued on his face. “Only once. I bet you don’t have the guts to do it again.”

“Psh I bet I do.” I said with crossed arms.

“Kiss me then!” he said leaning back into his chair. I stared at him for a few seconds to see if he was kidding, but he wasn’t. “Come on!” he said. He pursed his lips and closed his eyes.

I sighed and took off my seatbelt. I was secretly freaking out inside, but I couldn’t show it. I leaned over the arm rest and slowly pressed my lips onto Ethan’s. After a few seconds I pulled away when I realized Ethan wasn’t even kissing me back.

“What are you doing?”

He didn’t answer me. His eyes were closed and his face was straight. I took his face in my hands and lightly slapped him on the cheek. His eyes shot open and he had a playful smile on his face.

“You’re so abusive!” he said.

“What!? I didn’t even hit you that hard you baby.”

“Baby? Now you’re bullying me? I don’t know if I can deal with that.” He said shaking his head.

I rolled my eyes and unlocked my door, acting like I was going to get out of his car. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back in.

“Please don’t get out of my car.”

“I won’t.” I said with a smile. I looked in the driveway to see if anyone’s car was here, but none were there. “Where is everybody? I don’t think I have a key to get in.”

“Your mom said they were going on a double date. So they shouldn’t be back for another couple hours. You can stay in my car till they get back.”

“Oh yeah that’s tonight! She told me the guy she was going on a date with is pretty cute. I’m excited for her.”

“That’s good.” He said. He grabbed my right hand and started a thumb war.

“So what do you want to do?” I asked.

“Beat you in this game.” He said with his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

“You’re so weird.”

He dropped my hand and looked up at me. “I don’t know, my heads all messed up.” he said. He leaned over, wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He wasted no time on turning the kiss into a French one and pulled me impossibly closer to him. I slipped my fingers through his hair and went along with the kiss.

The front seats didn’t fit both of us, and we both felt it too, but I wasn’t going to say anything because I would feel awkward.

“Do you want to go to the back seat? There’s probably more room back there.” He whispered while his nose rested on mine. I nodded yes and we both got out of the car and made our way to the back seat.

He moved the passenger seat forward, but couldn’t get his seat to stay up, so he left it and immediately started to kiss me again. The back seat was a little but more comfortable, but when I tried to get on top of him, my head hit the back window and my foot got stuck on the front seat.

“Smooth move Miles.” He said stifling back a laugh.

My cheeks started to burn red and I tried to sit back on the seat, but he held me there so he could embarrass me some more. “You’re an asshole.”

“Yeah I know. I’m a jerk. But I love you.” He said as he lifted my chin to see my face.

“I guess I love you too.” I said back. I could never get mad at that face!