Chapter 25

here's 25! A big thank you to XJustASmallTownGirlX for writing the fighting scene! Check out her profile and read her story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright you guys better eat all this food. I worked hard on it.” Josh said. He cooked all of dinner, and was actually not as shy as he may seem.

We all got plates and started to dig in. Josh made brisket with mashed potatoes, vegetables and garlic bread. Ethan made me get everything because he was still worried about my weight, but I defiantly wasn’t going to finish all of it. If it makes him stop worrying, then I’ll do it.

“Wow Josh, this brisket is amazing! It’s the best I have ever had!” said Casey. She’s from Oklahoma, so she’s been around brisket her whole life. She was practically the queen on brisket!

“Yeah dude, good job.” Kevin said with his mouth filled with mashed potatoes. I was eating everything slowly, so Ethan gave me a “you-better-eat-all-of-this-or-else-you’re-in-big-trouble” look from across the table.

“If you keep looking at me like that I’m not going to eat.” I stubbornly said.

“Just eat your food.”

I slowly picked up a green bean, took a little bite of it, and set it back down on the plate, just to make him annoyed. He just smirked at me and continued eating. I have got to get better at annoying him.

After eating everything on my plate, I felt like I would be full for days. We all made small talk over dinner like the water today, and how Josh needed to cook for us more often. And then Chris, being the most awkward man alive, brought up school. Everyone knew and accepted the fact that I was Ethan’s student, but it was still weird talking about it with them.

“So Miley, is Ethan a good teacher?” Chris asked. Ethan and I both stiffened up at his question and gave each other an awkward look.

“He’s terrible.” I said with a smile, hoping it would clear the awkwardness in the air. “He picks on me all the time.”

“That was only one time, and it was because I wanted to make you blush, which you did.”

“Oh I remember that. Her whole face turned pink one time!” Chris said. I immediately started to blush, so I looked down at my empty plate.

“Aww come on guys be nice.” Emily said.

“Yeah Ethan. Do I need to bring up your underwear again? “Casey threatened. He threw his hands up in defeat and let it go. We were all exhausted from the day, so we headed back to our rooms except for Emily and Kevin who stayed up to talk.

When Ethan and I got to our room, he collapsed onto the bed and was already half asleep. He saw me hesitate before I got in bed, so he sat up and gave me an understanding look.