Chapter 41 full

Ethan’s POV

It’s been two weeks since I’ve heard anything new about Miley. She’s still out in an artificial coma, but luckily they’ve been able to get food in her stomach somehow. I’ve been going crazy ever since she’s been sick. My teaching skills have been way off and I haven’t even stuck to the syllabus for the school year. I don’t understand why she would do this to herself. She’s beautiful inside and out, and I thought everyone made that clear to her.

“Do you think it’s because of her dad leaving her and her mom?” Melissa asked me. Every day after school Melissa has come to my room to see how I was.

I put my face in my hands, frustrated. “I have no idea. It could be but I don’t see how that could make her want to starve herself to death.”

“I’m so confused. I mean Miley loves eating. Almost as much as she loves you!” Melissa exclaimed.

I smiled. “Very funny. Are you going to go see her today?”

“Of course. I’m going at 6.” She got up from her desk and grabbed her things from the floor. “I’m assuming I will see you there then?”

“Yes, I’ll be there all night. Maybe she’ll wake up today.” I said.

She nodded. “Crossing my fingers.” She said as she walked out of my room.

I quickly packed up my things and ran out of the school. I’ve been going to the hospital every day after school to sit in the room and watch Miley’s still body, wishing she was still with me physically. I missed talking to her. I missed her beautiful brown eyes, and I would do anything to see them again.

At the hospital

“Hello Ethan. How are you?” Miley’s mom asked me.

“I’m doin’ alright. How are you?”

“I’m okay. I have a feeling today’s the day she’ll wake up. I just know it.” She said as she sat down next to me. She’s been saying that every day since last week, but for some reason I always believed that she would wake up those days too, no matter how many times she said it.

“You think so?”

“I really do. Miley’s a strong willed girl. She…” she was interrupted by one of the doctors.

“Are you Miley’s mother?”

She stood up and walked over to the doctor with me following close behind. “Yes, what’s going on?”

“She’s asking for Ethan and you. She just woke up.”

Ethan's POV

                We both got up from the chairs and headed towards Miley's room. The hospital was designed as a circle, so it took us forever to make it passed all of the turns and to her room.

                "Ethan, you should go in first. I'll wait outside until you two are done. She probably wants to see you first right now." Miley's mom said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course." She said taking my hand. "I know how much she loves you. Just don't take too long in there." She said with a smile. She let go of my hand and I slowly opened the door to her room. There she was. Her small, defenseless body covered in tubes. Her eyes were barely opened and you could tell that she was still very weak.

"Ethan?" she asked as I sat down next to her and grabbed her hand.

"It's me. How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"I'm so tired. And hungry. How long have I been out?" she asked rubbing her eyes with her free hand.

"Not that long. You didn't miss anything important."

Her eyes opened a little wider, "But I missed you."

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "God I missed you too. I'm glad you're hungry again. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No, just stay here with me."

"Okay Miles. You're mom is outside. I'm going to go get her."

"Okay." she said. I got up and started walking towards the door. "Hey Ethan?"

"Yes babydoll?"

She smiled a little bit. "I love you."

I chuckled. "I love you too Miles." I opened the door and Miley's mom came flying in, smothering Miley with kisses.

"Oh Miley! I'm so glad you're awake! We've been so worried!" She said in between kisses. "Ethan and I were here every single day, all day. We missed you so much." She finished.

"I missed you too Mom. Who's all here right now?"

"Melissa and Danny right now. A few other people came by earlier."

"Danny is here right now? How did you hide from him?" she asked me.

"He must have just got here. I didn't see him.”

She nodded. "Do you want me to send them in?" Miley's mom asked.

I got up from my seat and kissed Miley on the forehead. "I'll be in the cafeteria. Be back soon." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay." she whispered. "Sure, send them in."

I opened the door and made my way down to the cafeteria. I've been in this hospital a few times before, so most the ladies working in the cafeteria know my names. Once I got in there, I ordered what I usually got, a ham sandwich with a diet coke, said hi to a few of the ladies, and sat down at the booth in the farthest corner; just in case someone from school was here and saw me.

It's so good to see that Miley is finally awake. 3 weeks is long time to be out. I didn't lie to her though when I said she didn't miss anything important. Well other than school work. But I'll make sure to help her with everything. I can't wait to hold her in my arms again. I've missed her so much. She is my everything, and I don't know how I lived without her.