Chapter 32

sorry it's short and kinda lame. writers block sucks!!!

thanks to casey for helping me with this chapter. the part she wrote was the only non-lame part :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is pretty good right now. Ethan and I are doing great and aren’t fighting at all, Joanna is due November 18 which is in a couple days, and Luke hasn’t talked to me since Jess’s party.

Word spread around about my dad having an affair, so I would get sympathetic looks in the hallways, which made me want to slap it right off their faces. Whoever sent me that picture really doesn’t like me.

It’s currently Friday afternoon and I’m doing my homework at Ethan’s place. He wouldn’t let me do anything fun until I finished it. He even took my phone away from me so I wouldn’t be distracted!

“Can I at least have the t.v. on in the background?” I whined.

“Nope!” he yelled from the kitchen where he was grading papers. I rolled my eyes and continued working on my Biology write up, which was the last thing I had to do.

“Ethan?” I yelled once I finished. He popped his head around the corner with his eyebrows raised, wanting me to continue. “I’m finished.” I closed my Biology book with a loud thud and looked back up at Ethan. “Can I have my phone back now?”

He sighed, pulled it out of his pocket and threw it to me.  I actually caught it this time and shot him a surprised smile. “You’re getting better at that!”  He called from back in the kitchen.

My phone started to ring, so I sat back on the couch and answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey Miley! What are you doing?”

“I’m over at Ethan’s, why?”

“I was gonna ask if you could talk, but you’re kind of busy.”

Ethan came out from the kitchen and gave me a questioning look, so I mouthed ‘It’s Melissa. She wants to talk.’ So he motioned for me to continue the conversation.

“No, it’s okay. I can talk now. What’s up?”

“So I wanted to talk to you about Logan.”

“What about him?” I said, not really caring about her amazing night with him.

“He asked me to come over tonight for a romantic dinner.” She gushed.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the couch. “Sounds fun.” I said with no enthusiasm.

“Can’t you just be happy that I’m happy?” she yelled through the phone.