5

The floor was well ways beneath me from here on the foundation beam, about a ten yard drop, maybe more. I flexed my fingers and tried to remember my instructions: Fall, open, glide. Batman looked up at me from below.
   "You OK up there?" He yelled, standing at the base of the cushion. I nodded. "If you fall, I'll be here to catch you!" I could imagine him smirking, knowing that I would want him to catch me. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I got ready to jump. Arms stretching, heart beating, I free falled about three yards before stretching out my cape like pitch-black dragon wings. I made a full circle around the cushion and fell with a plop on my back.  I stared at Batman, play fury on my masked face. Crossing my arms, I scolded him.
   "I thought you said you were going to catch me if I fell!"
  A sleepy bat flew down from the roof and hung upside-down from my shoulder. It squeaked in protest when I tried to pluck it off.
  "It was all OK!" He defended. "Just the landing part..." Batman started grumbling about landings and bats, and if he should add a dragon tail to my suit.
  "Question..." I asked,shutting him off before he would get dizzy from all his pacing. "Does your suit have a bat tail?"
  Batman lifted his cape and checked.
  "Umm... No?" He remarked, and started spinning in circles trying to find one. I jumped up and strolled towards him, stopping him by the shoulders.
  "Then why do I need a dragon tail?" I stated. Batman rubbed the back of his neck and said simply.
  "You don't."
  "Exactly." I replied, trying to comfort him. "Now help me take this bat off my shoulder before it feels like home." The petite thing yawned and snuggled in closer to my suit, its brown fur shining in the light.
  "I think it's too late for that." Batman chuckled. "He seems to like you."
  "He?" I questioned. "Well then his name is Brucey." I patted Bruce's head and he squeaked in delight. Batman shook his head.
  "My gosh Dragonclaw..." He fell back on the cushion, closing his eyes and sticking his tongue out at me.
  "What's wrong?" I asked, wagging my finger and trying to bother him. "Does Batty Watty not like me naming a bat after his secret identity? Or is that Brucy Wucy's problem?" Batman crossed his arms and grunted rebelliously. I picked Bruce off my shoulder in a way he was hanging upside-down from my finger and gently laid him on Batman's arm.
  "Omigosh! Dragonclaw. Get. It. Off. Now." He shrieked, staying still as a statue.
  "No." I pouted and walked of towards the screens. I sat there reading the papers.
  A few minutes later I heard Batman laughing.
  "Who's the cute little Brucey? You are! Yes you are! But Dragonclaw is mine. Ok? She is mine but we can share." I rolled my eyes.
  "Oh so now I'm an object huh?" I teased. Batman stuck his tongue out at me and kept on playing with Brucey. The furry bat squeaked happily when Batman hanged it back on my shoulder..
  "Well..." he started. "You might want to leave Brucey somewhere safe cuz it's time for fighting practice."

  "Dodge, punch, kick, jump, slide!" Batman aimed a fist at my face and I feinted to the left, shooting my own foot out. Jumpimg to the side, Batman did a flip and slipped behind a fake crate.
  "Ya know, I don't have a gun!" I teased, sumersaulting over the crate. When I landed, Batman ducked and popped up behind me, headlocking me.
  "You fail." He smirked. I laughed at him.
  "No I don't."
  "Wait what?!"
  I kissed him quickly and his arms loosened in surprise. I slid between his legs and headlocked him, pretend choking him.
  "Thanks for going easy on me Batty." I chirped, knowing this wasn't anywhere near his full potential. I hung on his shoulders as he trudged towards the center of the fighting room, playfully pushing me off.
  "Hey that wasn't fair!" He scolded, leaning on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes.
  "Anything's fair for a vigilante."
  "Ooh... big words for a big girl."
  I flicked his armored chest and layed down on the padded floor like a star.
  "I'm so glad I took those fighting lessons for three years." I moaned. Batman lay down beside me, nodding.
  "At least there's not much basic training to do on you... so that's a bonus."
    Suddenly a deep, uncomforting thought struck me. I lay on my side and rested my head on his chest.
  "Are you ok?" I asked him. Batman looked at me confused.
  "Ok how?"
  "Well..." I started. "On TV and stuff your always described as really serious and terrifying... and when your Bruce Wayne you're a little calmer and not that funny. And really playboy-ish. Most of the time. But when I see you myself now you're different. More outgoing and wild-ish. What's up with you?"
  Batman chuckled softly, "I guess it's being with you. You make me feel... free. Somebody that isn't Alfred knows my secret, so I don't have to keep that reserved with you because there's really nothing to hide. It feels good, really." He stayed silent for a while then added, "And...and I love you. Alot."
  I pulled myself up and gave him a long, soft kiss, taking our cowls off, "I love you too Batty." I whispered, hugging him tightly and feeling his warm heart beating strongly under my hand. "I love you too."

  Laying on the bed, Bruce and I watched the news on Batman.
  "It's been two days without crime or Batman. And we wonder, what is going on with the two? Has Gotham finally decided to live in peace? Or is the future going to be worse then ever? Tune in later to Gotham News with yours truly-" The news reporter droned on and on, complaining on how the Batman is a menace and must be imprisoned.
  I looked at Bruce, who was starting to fall asleep. A small snore escaped his lips and his head bobbed slightly. He moaned softly, resting his head on my stomach.
  "No... no Alo... no... please don't die. Please..."
  I ran my fingers through his hair, comforting him, "Shush... it's ok. I'm here. Don't worry."
  Bruce smiled and snuggled in closer.
  "Oh... and Alo..." he sleep-talked.
  "Yes?"
  "Please don't kiss anybody that headlocks you unless it's me ok? Or I will rip them to shreds." He had no idea what he was saying.
  "Ok." I followed along. "I promise.
  I turned his head over and kissed him, and he sleep-kissed me back.
  The world blacked-out infront of me as I went to sleep, and I wondered how many thing Bruce could do in his sleep.