Chapter 22: La La Land, Sort Of

I wouldn't say I woke up, but I opened my eyes to almost pitch blackness. Except that there were chalk drawings. But they were in the third demention. My head pounded as I sat up. What was going on? I was obviously in a dream, but what about? I was consious and knew what was happening.

"Hello?" I called out. No one answered. Groggily I got up. "Hello? Someone? Anyone...." My voice faded into the slight darkness.

"What are you doing here?" A voice behind me asked cooly. I jumped, not expecting anyone to be around. Cautiously, I turned around. A girl with long, blond hair and a green dress held a pallet knife in her right hand and a crayon in the other. She didn't look very happy.

"I erm, I sorta got knocked out and landed her. I don't even know where I am to be honest," I told her. The girl looked at me.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Thaila. What's yours?"

"Mary.... Are you going to stay here with me?"

"I would love to stay in your... Interesting world, but I can't. I have someone back in reality I need to get back to."

"Of course. Everyone's too busy for Mary."

"I said sorry! Can't please everyone can I?"

"You can try." I gave Mary a look. She dismissed it. "Can you please get my out of here?"

"I suppose," she sighed. "Follow me." I followed her throughout the town. It looked like a child made it. I stopped to pluck a red rose from a patch of flowers. 

"Don't pick those!" Mary screeched, making me drop the rose.

"What! Why not?" I asked as I picked the rose back up.

"Those flowers are very special," she said.

"What about them are special? They're all just drawings like this entire town."

"I drew them! And I don't plan for them to be picked!"

"Whoa whoa whoa, you drew this?" I motioned everywhere. She nodded. I gave her a confused look. So, she pludged into an explaination. She explained how the town came to be, and how she couldn't leave. Mary had met two other kids; Ib and Garry. She wanted them to stay, but they wouldn't. It was a sad story, but I still wanted to go home. Finally, we reached a building that had a PSYCO lable on it.

"This is it," she told me. "Just walk on in there and you'll regain consiousness." I nodded. I closed my eyes and walked in.

***************************************

I woke up on the floor. The studio floor. Letting out a sigh of relief, I sat up. Everyone was crowed around me.

"You're awake!" Niall exclaimed, obviously glad I was.

"Damn! You're awake," Amber cursed. I shot her a look. She curtly stuck out her tongue.

"I think that's enough truth or dare for tonight," Louis said weakly. We all agreed. I walked over to the couch I was sleeping in a crashed. I was too tired to care what anyone did to me. Niall slid in next to me. Surprisingly, we fit.

"Night princess," Niall whispered into my ear.

"Night Ni," I whispered back.

MARK JUST...... UGGGGG! >:( I'M SO AGGERVATED! WHY CAN'T HE JUST ARGGG! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN THIS WHOLE MARK SITUATION PUTS ME THROUGH! I SWEAR IF HE WAS HERE I'D BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF HIM! IT SEEMS AS IF NO ONE CAN HEAR ME! I HAVE A LOT ON MY MIND YOU KNOW! I..... I'm just tired of being so invisible to everyone... I can't even like a guy anymore. I get too attached. It's like you're screaming, and no one can hear you. Thank you bros, for being here for me. For putting up with all my crap about Mark. It must get annoying sometimes. I hate getting upset over him. There's no point. I know he won't like me. Thanks for the 8,000 reads. It means a lot to me. Legit. :)