Chapter 3: Trouble In Paradise

I kept my head down, trying not to attract attention to myself. Obviously, I can't do that since I won the X Factor.

"Is that Thaila?" I heard Vincent say. I held in a groan as I looked up. He was walking over with one of his friends.

"What do you want Vincent?" I growled.

"What? I can't say hi to my girlfriend's sister?" he smirked.

"Claire wasn't your girlfriend," I said.

"Yes she was. She just didn't want to admit it."

"She broke up with you!"

"She wanted to take a short break!"

"Yea right! That's why we had a baby together!"

"You raped her!"

"I prefer the term surprise-"

"Well news flash; she's dead!" I couldn't tell what look Vincent had on his face. It was a mixture of grief, anger and craziness.

"She's what?" Vincent breathed.

"She's dead," I repeated. "She died in a car accident a few months ago."

"What... What about the kid?" he asked.

"I don't know what happened to the kid," I lied.

"You liar!" It took a split second for his friend to lunge at me. Luckily, living with the boys, I was prone to almost being tackled. I dodged quickly. He fell on the ground. I took this as a little advatage. I tackled him. I knew, it's hard to tackle someone who's already on the ground, but I did.

"Get off of me!" he wailed.

"No! You tried to tackle me!" I retorted.

"Get off of him Thaila!" Vincent barked at me.

"Never!" I snarled. I looked down at his friend. I gasped. I knew this guy. It was the guy from the elevator. The one who wanted my phone number. I got up. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you talking about?" he spat at me.

"You're the kid from the elevator," I told him.

"What are you talking about?" 

"The one who wanted my phone number."

"What..." He looked at me for a long time. It started to creep me out after a while.

"Can you quit starring at me like that?" I asked.

"Oh yea. You're Thaila Xaver!" he exclaimed excitedly. "I tried to text you but it said your number was out of order or something."

"That's because I gave you a made up number," I sighed.

"Wh-What?" he stuttered, obviously in disbelief.

"Yea. I didn't want to give you the real number. I barely new you."

"Well, if you give me your number this time  you can get to know me." A smirk grew on Vincent's face. I groaned.

"Fine," I agreed." I need-" He handed me a slip of paper and a pen before I could finish my sentence. I rolled my eyes as I wrote my number. 

"Thank you so much!" he squealed. "By the way, my name is Jason."

"Thaila Xaver?" the cashier said, a food bag in his hand. I was glad. I grabbed the bag from him.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Maybe we could go out later?" he asked hopefully, winking. I held in a laugh as I exited. Jay was waiting outside the limo.

"Finally!" she exasperated. "What took you so long?"

"Technical difficulties," I mumbled.

"Well at least you're done. Simon's recording studio is just a few blocks down," she explained as we got in the limo. I nodded, off in my own world. I was still thinking of Jason. His blond quiff, his grey eyes, his- Wait, wait, wait. I can't be falling in love with Jason. I barely know him. Besides, I have Niall. And his baby...

I sighed aloud. Who was I kidding? I was probably never going to see Niall again. He was probably on his way to Harry's place. In the meanwhile, I'll be recording an debut album. I groaned. Why couldn't I just be normal?

Allos :) I really need to update longer chapters :\ NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! Almost to 100 reads and theres only 2 chapters :.3 I'm so happy. Thank you all. And for you new fans, I warn you that I'm very, very, very random. Espcially in the author notes like this one. I like to thank my fans a lot, cause I love my fans :3 Well, until next chapter, BINGOOOOOOOO