Turtle

The plane is boring. There's no way to make it interesting, nothing happens on a plane. Apart from the little kid behind us kicking my seat for hours on end. On the bright side I have mastered my patience. Andrew falls asleep so I take a pen and doodle on his hand, he already has a little beard thing going on so there's no point in drawing one. I'm in the middle of giving the turtle I drew a top hat when he finally wakes up thanks to the kid behind us giving a hard enough kick to both of our chairs. He looks at me groggily then at his hand. "Is that a turtle?"
"Maybe. Or maybe it's a dream." I wiggle my fingers, difficult with the pen still in hand.
He yawns "what's on it's head?"
"Half a top hat you woke up before I could finish it."
He's rubbing his eyes with his other hand. "Sorry here" he places his hand on my lap and I go back to work on my masterpiece. A few minutes later the turtle has a top hat and a flower. "Done." I proudly present my work to Andrew.
"Beautiful, it rivals Van Gogh himself."
I laugh "hmmm it's too beautiful we may have to cut off your hand and put it in a museum."
He scrunches up his face "I need that though I'm afraid your artwork will have to go unknown to the world. Unless..." He takes out his phone taking a picture of the turtle before putting it away again.
"What was that?"
"Nothing nothing at all let's just enjoy the five more hours on here yeah?" He wraps an arm around me and soon we both pass out.
When our flight landed an older lady woke us up before talking to her husband about young love and scolding him on not being romantic like that. Andrew and I just laugh before getting our stuff and heading out to get a cab.
I eagerly look out the window of the car as we travel to Andrews house from Dublin. It's still amazing to me that I'm Andrews girlfriend and that I'm going to his home.
When the car stops Andrew pays and we get our belonging from the trunk. Andrew wraps an arm around me as we walk up to the door. His house is nice, it's a good size and sits on a pretty piece of land with grass and a wooded area behind it.
He opens the door for me "welcome to my humble abode." He bows ridiculously causing us both to laugh.
"Why thank you kind sir." I say in a ridiculously posh accident giving a sweeping curtesy and almost falling which only makes us laugh even harder.
Andrew gives me a tour of the house after we set our things down in his room. The house is decorated simplistically but it's beautiful. A lot of the rooms have large windows and an open air to them. It's extremely relaxing, the one room that really catches my eye has a record player and a large collection of albums. I brush my fingers over the covers and a small layer of dust from his absence floats into the air.
"You have an impressive collection." I turn to look at him and see he's leaning against the door frame watching.
"Thank you." He walks up over to where I'm at going through the records before choosing one and putting in on. "May I?" He holds out a hand.
"You may." We dance around in each other's arms for awhile. Most of the songs are slower so it's more of us just swaying back in forth in time with the best moving in slow circles than actually dancing. The moments we spend like that seem so perfect and crystalline but it's quickly shattered by the shrill ringing of a phone. Andrew sighs and switches off the music before going to answer the phone. I'm a few minutes he comes back.
"That was my mom it looks like we are having dinner with them tonight if you don't mind."
I smile "I can't wait to meet them." Inwardly I panic. I'm not ready for this.