First Meeting [Loki and Bucky]

Loki

You grabbed your saddle and put it on your horse. It was a sunny yet chilly day in Asgard, so you decided to go outside and have some fresh air instead of staying in and help your mother with her shop. Your brother was in the shop with your mother, so you knew she would be okay.

"Alright, Iris, are you ready?" You asked your horse, petting the side of her face. She gave a soft neigh in response. You smiled and safely mounted your horse. Once you were on, you gave a slight kick to her side and she was off.

You laughed as you felt the wind blow through your (h/c) hair. You always felt relaxed when riding, it calm away the stress you would feel from working. After a couple of minutes of  riding, you soon reach your favourite spot to come be alone. The sun was shining beautifully, the water from the river so clear you could see the bottom of it. You slowed down your horse to stop and jumped off. You patted her lovingly, before walking towards the edge on the water.

You sat down on a rock, your legs crossed and swinging into the water. You closed your eyes and started to hum softly. You felt at peace until you heard a twig snap close by. Your eyes snapped open and you stood up quickly, rushing towards Iris. You kept a bag on her saddle and reached in and pulled out your small knife. The noises were coming closer so you gripped your knife and faced where it was coming from.

You gasped when you realized who it was. Prince Loki seemed shocked as well when he saw you because he froze mid-step. You lowered your knife and bowed your head slightly.

"My prince." You said after a couple seconds of silence. You raised your head, and put back your small knife back into the bag near Iris. You turned around, your cloak swaying from the movement. "Forgive me, Prince. I did not know it was you who was coming." You apologized for the knife.

"It's quite fine. I didn't expect to find anybody here. I did not know anybody else knew about this clearing." Loki replied, facing the river.

"I didn't either. Not even my family knows about this river." You walked towards the edge of the water once again. "It's quite a sight, isn't it." You pointed at the river. "It's so relaxing, that's why I like to come here when I want to be alone or to calm down."

Loki faced you while you talked. "That's why I like to come here as well." You nodded, not taking your eyes away from the water. "What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/N). I'm (y/n)." You glanced at him and noticed he was standing very close to you. You blushed a bit and held out your hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Lady (y/n)." he grabbed your hand and planted a soft kiss on your knuckles. He smirked as your blush grew deeper.

"It's also very nice to meet you as well, Prince Loki." You smiled when he told you just to call him Loki.

"Oh, and the river is beautiful. Just like you." He told you, which just caused your blush to turn into a deeper shade of red.

Bucky

  A couple of days have passed since Hydra and SHIELD were exposed. You had been with Agent Hill, helping her out on telling where Sam or Steve should go to avoid any attacks from Hydra agents that were on the helicarriers.

You knew about the Winter Soldier. Steve had told you enough to know that he was his best friend from the forties, Bucky, and that he was brainwashed by Hydra to forget about his memories and only think about killing his targets. When Steve was in the hospital, you visited him to make sure he was okay. He had told you that he fell from the helicarrier into the river below. He was drowning but someone had pulled him out of the water and he knew it had to be Bucky. You believed him because you knew Steve would never lie to you.

But you felt like you wanted to know more about Bucky. How he was in the past, so you drove towards the Smithsonian museum. Once you reached the place, you pulled your hoodie up to cover your hair and part of your face. You walked through the museum with your head slightly down so you wouldn't risk the chance of anybody recognizing you.

When you walked through Steve's memorabilia of his days in World War two, you lifted your head. You saw a wall painted with a picture of Steve saluting, you saw the statues of Steve with the Howling Commandos, each one having their uniform from the war except Steve. You chuckled softly as you knew that Steve had took it. A giant picture of the group was behind the statues. Each of the guys were behind their respective uniforms. You continued walking until you reached a wall that had Bucky's picture on it. You read what was written, it mostly stating that he was Steve's childhood friend, he was captured by Hydra during the war and that he was the only Howling Commando to give his life in service.

You shook you head as you knew what really happened to him after the train fall. As you stared at Bucky's picture, your hand reached up to touch the star necklace that was hanging on your neck. You felt it odd to have something that was now on Bucky's body that represented something entirely different on you. You loved space so your mother had given you that necklace before she passed away.

You turned around to walk to another part of the museum, your hand still on your necklace when you bumped into somebody. You breathed out a slight groan as you made impact. The body you collided with was pretty hard you thought it was a wall until you saw it wearing clothes. You looked up to apologize to the person when you went pale from shock and a bit of fear. Right in front of you is Bucky Barnes.  You wanted to scream but you knew this is the only chance you have to talk to him.

"Bucky?" You said his name softly. You let out a shaky breath as you tried to calm down. But you assumed Bucky was having a harder time because when you said his name, he froze a bit.

"How do you know my name?" His voice was a bit raspy. His eyes were wide as he looked you over, trying to decide if you are a threat or not.

"I'm (y/n). I know your name because Steve Rogers told me." You saw him tense up at the mention of Steve's name. "You can trust me, Bucky. I'm not going to hurt you. I don't have anything on me." You assured him, your hands lifted in the air.

"How do you know him, Steve?" His head tilted a bit, still unsure to trust you. You would react the same if you were in his place.

"I know him because he's my friend, and he trusted me enough to tell me about you."

"How do I know you're not lying to me?"  He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Alright, I'll prove it." You put your hands on your hips. "You'll know I'm not lying to you because Steve told me you were the one to rescue him when he was sinking to the bottom of the river. You went in and pulled him out. You saved him. And I'm the only one Steve has trusted enough to say that to."

"He was my mission."

"Your mission was to kill him but instead you saved him." His eyes widen a bit again as you told him that.

You guys stayed quiet for a couple seconds. It gave you the chance to look him over. He was wearing a jacket similar to yours, and dark jeans. His hair was covered by a baseball cap and his collar was popped up. He also looked like he hasn't slept or showered in a couple of days.

You bit your lip as you thought of what to say. "Come with me. To my house. You look like you haven't showered or slept well for a while. I promise there isn't any government or Shield workers surrounding my house."

He looked hesitant, you could see it on his face that he was debating whether to go with you or walk away. You sighed, "Trust me. I'll make sure nothing will happen to you." He glanced you over one more time before slowly nodding his head.

You smiled slightly. "Great. Follow me and keep your head down." You told him and lead the way to the main entrance and towards your car.