Chapter- 16

"Role call. The class isn't big, so everyone should be here. When I call your name, you know what to do." Michael explains, tapping his pen on the clipboard.

"Three people I hate in one car!" I whisper to Sydney. "How can life treat me like that?"

She shrugs. "I guess it's what you get for not telling me what went on last night."

"You asshole." I nudge her and laugh. "I'll tell you tonight."

"Shannon." Michael calls.

"Present." I throw up a peace sign and he shakes his head.

"I know you're here. Your side conversation isn't helping me focus any better."

I guess he doesn't want me telling Sydney anything. The angry look he's giving me really gets to me. Why can't we just go back to the hotel and call it a day.

"Brooke?"

"Right here." She smirks and twirls her hair while chewing bubble gum.

"Jason... McCann? New student?" Michael looks around, and a kid with dirty blonde hair with some tattoos up his arms raises his hand.

"Present, sir." He traces his chin and greets him with a warm smile.

This kid is new, I haven't even seen him before. But he has a beautiful smile. I take a good look at his features. Hey, I kind of like his style. A red flannel and ripped jeans.

"Sydney!" Michael laughs, as Sydney puts her arm up and waves.

As we are walking a block and a half, I make my way to Jason and start up a conversation.

"So... You're new?"

He looks up at me and rolls his eyes. "Sort of. Long story."

I nod and stuff my hands in my pockets. "Keeping things short, that's okay."

Jason laughs and runs a hand through his hair. "Sorry about that. Just a lot on my mind lately, y'know?"

"Been there. What's on your mind?"

"Why do you have hickeys on your neck?" He whispered and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh! Those, my friend has a shock pen-"

Jason shakes his head and laughs. "It's cool, but I think I know."

We both slow down behind the rest of our group and he smirks.
"You and Michael, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb." Jason laughs. "I saw the way you looked at him earlier."

I shrug, trying to play everything cool. "I don't know-"

"Shannon, is it? I'll learn. But you can trust me, I have a positive feeling that you and Mr. Jackson have something going on."

"Why do you care?" I laugh.

"I don't. I was going to walk up to that blondie over there but she looks like she doesn't know shit." He laughs and continues. "I was about to go to you and ask but you came to me and it made this a little bit less awkward."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah," he shrugs and scratches his neck. "Who's the blondie though?"

I roll my eyes and mentally take a gun and shoot her.

"She's Abby."

"Seems like one of those bitchy popular girls." Jason kicks a rock and continues walking.