Chapter- 4

"Alright class, we are going to be talking about the field trip, and the expectations..." Michael said, walking through the rows of students.

Brooke gassed and whispered. "He said what?"

I looked at Brooke, rolled my eyes and slid down in my chair. "He said 'I was kinda drooling over that package you got in those shorts' and told me to sit down."

As Michael started making his way over to Brooke and I, he slid a sticky note on my desk, shook his head and walked away.

"Stop" I read the note to myself, and Brooke if she was listening.

"Stop what?" Brooke asks, peeking over at the note.

I suddenly just crumble the note up and stuff it in my pocket.
"He wants us to stop talking about him." I say, giving him an evil look.

Then, my phone vibrated- Peter. I look back at him, only to find him staring back at me.

What was the sticky note, huh?

I shook my head and stuck my phone back into my desk, ignoring the message.

"Now, will all the people with chaperones tell me two people, and I'll write them down for your group." Michael asked, sitting in his chair, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper.

Logan had my brother (of course) and this kid Nick, Nick is pretty nice, shy and polite. But when he's with Peter and Logan, he's a whole new person.

"Mr. Jackson, I would like to have Brooke, and Alexia." Abby says, looking at me with an evil smirk.

"Oh shit." I hear Peter say in the background.

My heart slumps, Brooke said I would be with her but I guess not. Stupid Abby.

"Mic- I mean Mr. Jackson, can I be excused?" I ask, getting flustered.

He looks at me with a confused look. "I don't know... Can you?"

With that fucking reply, I stood straight up and walked in the hallway and opened my locker, packing up to see my mother.

About five minutes later, I make sure I didn't forget anything, close my locker and sigh, leaning my head on my locker.

"Hey... Where you going?" I feel a soft hand on my shoulder with a sweet voice.

I gasp, roll my eyes and turn around, leaning my back against the locker. "Where am I going? Where are you going? You have a class to teach."

Michael shakes his head and looks down. "Some guy brought copies in and I told him to stay there while I went to the bathroom... Your turn."

Shifting the strap on my shoulder, I bite my lip, trying not to cry and look away. "I'm going to the hospital to see my mother for the rest of the day."

Michael nods and leans on the locker next to me. "Shannon, you can't leave class-"

"Do you even care? Go back to the class Michael and stop telling me what I can and cannot do."

I shove him and walk past him, shaking my head and looking down. My tears are falling from my eyes. But he suddenly walks in front of me.

"Look, I'm sorry Shannon."

I shake my head and walk past him once again, but this time he grabs my wrist. "Listen to me."

I turn around and yank my wrist from his grip, cross my arms and begins to let him talk.

"I care. I really do care. I'm terribly sorry- go ahead, hate me for staring, change your background for all I care-" Michael starts to tear up.

"Shut up, please." I say, sniffing and wiping my tears.