Chapter- 11

"Alright guys, if you are with me, stay in this classroom. If you are in another teachers group, go to their classroom." Mr. Jackson instructs as he opens the door.

Kids from different classes start flooding in and out the room, just to find the correct group.

I walk over to Sydney and sit on my desk next to her. "I feel amazing."

She looks at me and starts laughing. "You feel amazing?"

"Yeah." I smile as my eyes look towards Mr. Jackson, sitting on his desk, talking to Butler.

My heart flutters every time he gives me a quick look.

Ever since I found out he liked me (not even an hour ago but what the hell.) I've been falling harder for him than I ever did before.

"Awh, well I'm happy for you. Did he ask you out?" Sydney asks, pointing to Butler.

"No, but he's really cute though." I giggle, admiring Butlers golden brown hair.

"Good." Sydney laughs and nudges me. "Cause I'm about to meet a boy."

"Ha.ha." I laugh sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Go ahead. Shannon already found one."

Sydney's head snaps toward me. "Who?"

"Well, not yet. But he likes me." I smile big, stretching my arms wide.

"Who."

"Mr. Jackson." I say lowly, hoping no one heard.

"What?"

"Yeah-"

"Okay everybody. Out to the charter bus!" Mr. Jackson laughs, walking outside with the group.

As Sydney and I sit down in a seat, I look up front and see Mr. Jackson sitting by himself two rows up.

"Are we going to share a room in the hotel?" Sydney beams, scrolling through her phone.

"Yes, Michael said he would arrange something with you and me." I smile, scrolling through my contacts.

I decide to re-read the messages between Mr. Jackson and I, until I see a little text bubble.

Missing you. <3

I laugh to myself as I decide to text him back.

I'm not far away.

Then I see the text bubble again.

Yeah, I know. But I miss you. I want to hear your voice. It's so beautiful to me.
-Even when I snapped at you earlier?
...
That turned me on a little. The way you said my name.

---

"Syd, look." I nudge her a little to get her attention through her headphones.

I show her my phone and she reads the text messages that happened right now.

Her mouth makes an "o" shape as she read it.

"Girl! You guys would be so cute! Just imagine!" Sydney puts her hand over my eyes.

"Sydney, no." I laugh, taking her hand off. "He wants me to spend time with him during the trip."

"Do it!" She whispers, wiggling her eyebrows.

I put my headphones back in and lay my head back with a smile. "I'm gonna have to."

---
Finally, after three and a half hours of sitting in one spot, listening to music-- well, Michael's music actually-- we get to the hotel.