Chapter 12

The rest of Friday and all of Saturday i obeyed Alfie and stayed inside. But Sunday came around and i was tired and wanted to go outside. I decided what could it possible hurt if i left? I got dressed and left the apartment and just walked around town. Then I got a smoothie and went to the park. The park was pleasant and just beautiful today. I sat on the swing and sipped my smoothie. then i heard a noise "Avery?" i head someone behind me say. 

I turned to see Aidan and Jayden. They both got wide eyed and so did I. Then they hugged me and started to cry. "Guys i miss you too!" Adian lifted his head up "No its not that!" I got a little confused till i looked down at Jayden arm, there was a bruise. "Guys...no" I said above a whisper. They both pulled away and nodded. "I'm...i'm..." Then i felt tears hit the brim of my eyes and i wiped them away. "We ran away." I looked at them. "Boys you ca-" Aidan cut me off "You did it!" I looked at the ground and back at them. "Where have you been staying?"

~

I walked into my apartment with Aidan and Jayden and they walked over to the window. "Guys I'm gonna let you stay but i have to tell you something, but you have to keep it a secret." They both nodded in unison. "You know that English teacher Mr.Deyes?" They both nodded a little slower thing time. "Well...I'm...he's...dating. Me and Mr.Deyes are dating." They had blank looks on their faces. "He pays for this place for me to live. Then they both nodded a bit quicker. "You both cant tell anyone or else he goes to jail and we all have to go back to him." They both nodded and walked over and hugged me.

Then i heard the click of the door knob behind me. We turned to show Alfie. "Um you are back early!" I said a little nerves. "Um why are they here?" I let out a heavy sigh and pushed him out the room and walked out an shut the door behind me. "Look i was at the park and-" He cut me off. "I told you not leave the house!" I closed my eyes "Look i know but i was getting lonely and i was tired of being confined to those four walls!" He let out a heavy sigh. The i heard him take in a sharp breath.

"Wait they saw me do th-" I placed a hand on his chest. "I told them. They understood. We're fine." I felt him let out air out of his body. "I cant let them leave." He had confusion written on his face. "My step dad is...is..." I felt tears start to come again. Why was i such a baby? Alfie pulled me into his arms. I calmed down a bit so i was able to talk again. "Alfie hes beating them." Alfie clenched his fist and the vain pooped out of his neck.

"Alfie calm down." I said grabbing one of his fist. I felt him start to relax "Alright." I smiled placed a hand on the back of his neck. I pulled his head down and kissed him while playing some of the hair at the nape of his neck. He broke away and smiled "We wont be doing that often will we?" I started laughing and laced my hand with his. We walked back in to see the boys looking out the window.

"Hey guys what are you looking at?" Alfie said. "Them." Aidan said pointing out the window. I looked at Alfie and walked over to the window to see someone out side in a car looking up into the apartment. They saw me and started their car and drove off. I looked at Alfie "Alfie?" He walked over and put his hands on my hip bringing himself down to eye level with me. "Someone was...watching." He shook his head no and looked out the window.

"There was some woman in that car!" Jayden said. Alfie put his hat and glasses on. "Alfie where are you going?" I said grabbing his wrist before he could walk out the door. "Don't worry about it!" He yanked his arm away and left. I looked back at the boys then back at the door. "Where did he go?" Aidan asked. I shrugged "I don't know."

A/N: Sorry its extremely short!x