Chapter 4

He pulled away from me and we were both silent. Then in sunk into me that i just kissed my teacher. I got up and quickly grabbed my things and walked out the door. "Avery wait!" I heard him yell in his door way. I turned and looked at him "Let me drive you home!" I shook my head no and started for my house. I walked all the way home and went straight for my my room. I walked in and was greeted by a smiling Tod. "Hello beautiful!" he said walking closer to me. "Hey." I said backing away from his kiss. "You ok? You look a little pal?" He tried to touch me again but i backed away. "Baby are you ok?" He asked reaching for me. I had to play it cool or he would just dig in deeper.

"I'm fine." I said and pulled him into a kiss. Something didn't feel right about it though. It just felt off. We pulled apart and gave a fake reassuring smile. He took it and we talked the rest of the time he was there. He talked about his day and i listened like always. He then kissed me again and left out my window. I got ready for bed and laid in bed for a while, thinking. That kiss was just so wrong. Hes my teacher, i cant let it happen again.

~

I woke up and got ready for school. I didn't dress like i normally do today. I put on sweats, tank top and a hoodie, and i put my black hair in a bun. I guess i just wasn't felling it today. I walked with my brothers like normal, but it wasn't normal. I it just felt off in a way. I kept walking and we got to school. i almost made in through the parking lot with out being called Avfreak when Dedra pulled her car up beside me. "Oh look is it isn't Avfreak the teachers pet." I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away but then she ran over my foot.

I fell to the ground, closed my eyes because my vision was going hazy, i yelled out in pain for someone to help me. I opened my eyes to see a group of kids in a circle laughing at me. I closed my eyes again and i could feel myself drifting from the pain in my foot. Finally i felt a slight relief in my foot from her removing her car from my foot, but then i felt someone grab on my shirt. I opened my green and brown eyes to be greeted by Dedra's blue ones. "Look here Avfreak, don't ever think your better than me again. You are nothing but trash. the sooner you realise that the sooner you can just die already." she then shoved me back on the ground and i closed my eyes holding back tears.

"HEY!" i heard someone yell for far away. All i heard was feet running in the opposite direction the noise was coming from. I then felt a hand wipe the hair out of my face and i opened my eyes. It was Mr.Deyes. "Avery are you ok?" I shut my eyes again, then re-oped them. "Um yes." I responded. He then piratically picked my and placed me on my feet. I yelped out in pain from my foot. "You aren't ok." I couldn't stand so i had no choice but to clutch onto Mr.Deyes. "I'm going to take you to the hospital." I hated hearing that. If i go there they will see the bruises on me from my step dad and ask how i got them. "No that's ok." i said trying to hold on to a fast walking Mr.Deyes. "Fine." He then scooped my up and placed my genitally in his back seat. 

I sat up as Mr.Deyes started the car. "I said don't take me to the hospital!" I spat at him."Calm down I'm not going to." He said looking at me through the rear view mirror. I laid back down and the pain in my foot started to settle in and i stated to cry. I hated crying in front of people it made me feel weak. I have gone thought so much that i made it and effort not to cry while people where around. I had cried to Tod the other night so why not brake the rule again."Avery please don't cry." I heard Mr.Deyes call out. "Mr.Deyes wh-" He cut me off. "Call me Alfie.""Alfie why are you helping me?" I asked looking in the rear view mirror for an answer."You don't deserve any of this shit. You are way better than that." I smiled a little at his words.

We were quite the rest of the way to our destination, his apartment. We pulled up and he opened my door and scooped my up bridal style and carried me into his home. He walked me down the hall and laid me on his bed. He stood in front of me and took off my sneakers and socks and examined my foot. He started moving my toes and i winced in pain. "I don't think its broken." He said moving over to sit at the edge of the bed. The wiped his thumb over my cheeks making me wince again. "Did they hit you too?" I frowned "Something like that." He removed his hands and placed one on top of mine. "Who was it?" He asked. "Nobody." I said looking away from him."Was it Dedra? I will get her su-" I moved my hand from under his. "Stop. You will leave it alone." I said sitting up. "I only want to protect you." I looked down at my purple foot and back at Alfie."I know." I looked as his vision lowered to my lips. I felt a tingle in my stomach as he started closing the distance between our faces. Then he kissed me. And once again i should have pulled away, but i didn't.