Chapter 6

"Hello Alfie its Avery i need you to come and pick me up."

A click was the next thing i heard. He hung up on me. I sat the phone down and i started to cry again but my tears hurt my face so i had to stop. I sat there looking at a wall for what seemed like hours, then my brothers phone started to ring. I picked it up "Hello?" I sniffed into the phone. "I'm outside." He said and the phone clicked again.

I stood and some threw things into a bag and hobbled over to Aidans room where Jaydan was also. i gave them him his phone back "Guys I'm gonna go stay with a friend for a while ok?" They both nodded and hugged me goodbye. I slowly limped down stairs and out the door into Alfie's car, I didn't make eye contact

 "What is it Avery?" He asked placing his hand on my leg. I took a deep breath and turned my face to look at his. His brown eyes eyes grew wide, his jaw tensed, and a vain in his neck appeared. "Wh- w- what happened Avery?" i felt a tear roll down my cheek "Can i sleep at your place tonight?" He gripped the steering while tightly and nodded starting the car.

We got to Alfie's place and we walked in. I stood by the door looking at the floor. "Come here." He said pulling me into a hug. I let it all out right there, i cried and yelled out all my pain in his arms. He just rested his chin on my head and rubbed my back. After what seemed like hours i calmed down a bit being able to talk now. "Alfie?" i said with my now gross raspy voice.

He pulled away slightly "Do you want to talk about this?" He asked me looking down into my eyes. "Not tonight ok?" i said uncertain if he would agree. He honestly nodded and laced my hand with his and lead me to the bathroom. He placed me on the counter and opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out some stuff. He put some of the stuff on a cotton ball and placed is on the open wound on my lip. I closed my eyes due to the stinging.

"Its ok." He stated placing one of his hands on one of mine i. I then felt the cotton ball pat at a different  place on my face. "Why are your eyes different colors?" He asked still patting the cotton ball. "Its call heterochromia, I hate it so much. I was born with it, it was a trait passed on from my father." Alfie kept patting at my face "Why do you hate it?" He asked almost laughing. 

"I never talk about this but, well I'm sure you have herd the kids call me Avfreak? We that's why it started. Back in kindergarten Dedra was a baby bitch, and on the playground we were playing and she called me out on my eyes. All the kids acted like i was some alien. Nobody would touch me or even talk to me, i was so alone."

Alfie stopped patting my face and i felt his head on my shoulder. i opened my eyes and looked down at him "Don't ever feel like your alone." He then placed a kiss on my shoulder and stood back up. "I know its still early but i thin you need to sleep." He then helped me off the counter and lead me to bedroom. 

I laid on the bed and Alfie but some covers on me and started walking out the door. "wait." I said loud enough so he could hear. "I don't want to be alone. Please?"  Alfie smiled and walked back and got into the bed. He got under the covers and faced his back towards mine."Night Alfie." i said "Night Ave." Ave? I liked the sound of that.