Chapter 3

I walked home with Aidan and Jayden and we walked in the house, to be greeted by my lager angry step dad. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LATE?" He shouted at me. The boys ran up to their room and shut the doors like they know to do when he does this. "I'm sorry sir. my teacher was discussing torturing with me. I start tomorrow after school. if that's ok?" Then i felt a hand hit me across my face knocking me to the ground. Then i felt a foot slam right into my stomach "Someone stupid like you would need torturing. Don't be late again without me knowing." He said in my ear and walked away. I stood and limped to my room to be greeted by a worried Tod. 

"Avery are you ok?" He said walking over to me and helping to my bed. "Yes I'm fine." I said trying to hold back the tears. "We need to call the cops on him. he ca-" I cut him off. "No. I'm fine this happens more often than you think." He had the look of worry on his face. "Ya know its funny. I'm hated here and at school. Where can i go?" He stoked my hair and kissed my red cheek. "I'm here for you." Then i broke down. I cried and Tod let me burrow my face in his chest and i cried till i fell asleep.

~

Of course i woke up and my window was open and Tod was gone. But i ignored it and got ready for school covering my bruises and headed off with my bothers. They asked me was i ok and i told them yes not wanting them to worry about me. I went through school as normal, till English. I sat down at my desk and Dedra walked stright up to me. "Hey Avfreak." I rolled my eyes and sunk down into my desk. "Aw Avfreak doesn't wanna talk?" She then pressed her fake nail into my swollen cheek.. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!"  "Why don't you quit messing with her?" Tod pulled her hand away from me. "ARE YOU DEFENDING HER?" She shouted. "No". Tod said just above a whisper." Then a voice was heard from the door way "I am." It was Mr.Deyes. "Dedra please go to office." She laughed a little. "Mr.Deyes you have got be joking." He then turned and looked at me. I nodded at him "No i'm not. Go to the office, Now." She looked at me and then walked out of the room.

The whole class period i felt relived that she wasn't there. Class soon ended and Tod slipped me a note saying he was coming over tonight. "Avery?" I looked to see Mr.Deyes looking down at me. I put the note in my bag and looked up. "I forgot the curriculum book at my apartment, is it ok if we go there?". His Apartment? YES IT WAS OK!  "Um yea that's cool." I said standing up and following Mr.Deyes to his car. I got in and it was quite, in a good way.

We pulled up and i grabbed my things and walked in. It was very neat, for a guy. I walked in and sat on his sofa and waited for him. He walked to somewhere in the back and came back with a hard back book and placed it on the coffee table.He also had rolled up the selves on his button down reviling his muscles. He sat down next to me and oped the book. While he was shuffling thought pages i admired his features. "Avery." i realised i was starring and looked down and blushed. "Is this why your having trouble?" My eyes grew wide and i didn't want to look up. He knew i had a crush on him. It was quite so i lifted my head up "Mr.Deyes I-" That's when it happend. Mr.Deyes kissed me. I wanted to pull away so bad, but i couldn't. I knew it hurt Tod, i knew it would hurt me, i knew he was my teacher, but i didn't pull away.