Chapter 7

I woke up and rolled over to find no Alfie. I stood up and walked into the kitchen to be greeted by eggs, waffles, and a note.

Hey Ave i went to work today. i don't want you going to school today, playing it safe. I will be back as soon as schools out. I left you some food, just relax today and ill see you when i get home. x

I sat the note down and started eating my food, it was a little cold so i microwaved it. I soon finished and decided to limp around the house. I went into the living room and looked at the pictures on the walls and tables. There were a lot of them with other boy who i assume were his friends. Then some this an older lady with blond hair who i guess is his mom. Then there was a picture of him and this girl, they were hugged up in front of a Disney castle. They looked good together, and happy.

Happiness i could never bring him. He was my teacher for go sake. We would never be able to go on a date, or even hold hands in public. We couldn't be in a relationship, ever. Even when i graduated people would still know i was a former student of his. What have i been thinking this whole time? Did i really think this would work?

Then the front door opened. "I'm home!" He said. I guess it was three, i slept longer than i taught. "Alfie can we talk?" I asked hobbling over to the sofa. Alfie joined me and looked at me with a smile. "Alfie. i don't know if this will work. Have you thought about what could happen to you of we get caught?" His smile faded and he laced his hand in mine.

"Yes i have. I know if we get caught i could lose my job, and even go to jail. But the only thing worse than that is losing you. I know what could happen but i wont let it happen." After that i felt like we would be able to do this. "But you cant stay with me." My heart sank "I cant go home! please don't make me! please!" He squeezed my hand a bit.

"No no! I'm gonna rent you a place of your own, alright?" i nodded and smiled "Thank you Alfie" He lifted my hand a kissed it. He lightly brushed his nose against it making me laugh. "Are you going to tell me now?" My stomach sunk and my mouth became dry. "Its not like i don't trust i ju-" he cut me off by lightly pressing a finger to my lips. "I understand. We all have things that are difficult to explain."

What did he have that was difficult to explain? what was he keeping from me if anything? "And no I'm not hiding anything." I felt relief "Good." i said smiling again. "I have to go grade papers for a while, when I'm done ill fix dinner." I nodded and watched him get up and walk into the one room i haven't been in.

I hobbled into the room behind him. It was all white and had lights, cameras, and a huge mac book. "This is my work slash studio room. Like?" I nodded and kissed his cheek. "I'm gonna go take a nap." He smiled and i hobbled back into the living room laid on the couch and fell asleep.

~

"Avery wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Alfie in a panic. "Come on get in the coat closet!" He said picking me up by my hips and placing in the closet and shutting the door. I peeked thought the crack to see him open the door. "Hello!" He said and in walked Miss.Jackson the German teacher. She was in a tight black dress, tall heels, and red lipstick poorly lined up. "Hey Alfie." She was trying to be seductive but sounded like a man. 

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go get drinks?" She said pushing her boobs together with arms not trying to discreet about it. "Um...nah! i got some papers to grade and i...i have to call my mom." I almost busted out laughing, call his mom? He is so stupid! "Oh. Um. Ok see you Monday?" He nodded and shut the door behind her.

I opened the closet door and walked out. "Your mom?" He smiled and we both started laughing. "It was the first thing that came to mind!" He said taking a step closer to me. "So a hot woman comes over your house in a slutty dress, piratically saying 'take me now' and you think of your mom?" We laughed again.

"What do you think when you see me?" He stopped laughing but kept smiling and stepped close so out bodies now touching. "I don't." Then he gently pressed his lips to mine. I felt sparks fly though my body and my hands find their way to his hair grabbing a fist full. He placed his hands on my hips holding me in place. He soon pulled us apart. "If we don't think this is so much better." i laughed and pushed him away.