Epilogue: Part 1 of 6

Part 1 of part 6, their wedding.

Shanaya's outfit for her engagement and ladies sangeet ceremony and her henna ceremony. A sangeet is basically a ceremony where all the ladies come together, singing and celebrating for the to-be-wedded couple. The henna and haldi ceremony is where the bride is covered and bathed in turmeric powder and her arms are covered in detailed henna designs.

Shanaya's POV :

The months of July and August were busy. Really busy. Both families of ours had been busy preparing for our wedding. I had gone out shopping multiple times, spending thousands of pounds on just my dresses and accessories for the different occasions.

Brooklyn and I decided on how our wedding was going to be set out. We were going to be married twice, once into each religion. We were first going to do a Hindu wedding and then came a Christian wedding. This meant more money being spent and more of a headache. But it would hopefully turn out all well.

So today was our engagement for our Indian wedding. I was dressed into on of my dad's dresses, a summer golden and pink pastel coloured dress, showing my midriff. It was beautifully embroidered with detail. I paired it with large gold earrings and a bracelet. My hair was neatly done up in a stylish yet elegant bun, leaving my bare back on display.

The night was a memorable one. We had exchanged rings, danced, talked and laughed. Close ones made small speeches, making the crowd laugh.

Over 500 people had been invited. That is why Indian weddings are one of the world's biggest weddings.

The food was extravagant and mouth watering. The services were pleasant and excellent.

The night was a blast.

<> < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

(A week later at the haldi and henna ceremony)

I had to dress simple for this one. After all, I was going to be covered in turmeric mixture today. I was dressed in a golden dress with a pink scarf. The dress was simple except from the bottom of the skirt which was embroidered. It was simple yet held such elegance in it.

The whole evening, I was being coated in the turmeric mixture by family friends and relatives. The mixture helped your skin look golden and bright, ready for your wedding day. Professional henna artists had been booked to do my henna on my hands and feet. And they did it beautifully. It was detailed, deep and dark.

The night went on and everyone enjoyed. There were dance performances, singing, laughing and everything that could take place in a happy pre wedding ceremony.

(A day later at the ladies sangeet)

I was standing in front of my mirror, assessing myself. I was standing in on of my own creations: a beautiful dress with a rose detailed skirt and netting covering it. The blouse a turquoise colour with detailed embroidery on it. The dress allowed itself to display my midriff. My arms were covered in deep dark brown henna designs, beautifully carving up my arms.

The night was a blast, full of entertainment and fun. Everyone had a great time. We danced, laughed and enjoyed to our limits. The food was amazing, living up to my expectations. The audience was big but not as big as our engagement party. Only around 150 people came. I was having way too much fun over the last few weeks, it was paying up for the stress that had built up in my body for the last 3 months.

Life could not get any more perfect.

------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys!

Sorry this chapter was short, I just needed for Shanaya to have her pre wedding ceremonies done and out of the way. The next chapter will be her Hindu and Christian wedding and hopefully detailed.

Hope your enjoying the epilogue so far, I am.

Love
Llama2001xxx