Chapter 11

Shanaya's POV:

The week at college passed in a blur. It was a normal college week, studies, work, lesson. There was less drams than last week though. I was now known by everyone. I guess you could count me as popular. Most of the players on the football team knew me and flirted with me frequently. And of course, I would flirt back. But only for the fun of it. I liked to give guys the idea that they have a chance with me but in real, they don't. Everytime a guy would come near me, Brooklyn would turn into a bitter person, snapping at the guy who would try to start a conversation with me. And to be honest, I was getting very annoyed with his stupid behaviour. I can talk to whoever I want to. He can't decide for me!

Soon, the weekend came. My dad was unveiling his new fashion line to the world on Saturday night. That meant that I had to go because I was his daughter as well as one of the models. After the unveiling, my dad had arranged a after party. The Beckhams were invited as well asmany other famous people and fashion designers from across the globe. I was pretty excited for it. My poster pictures were going to be up, the ones which I had taken with Brooklyn. And I really wanted to see them.

The unveiling of my dad's collection went really well. I also walked the ramp with my dad, which got a lot of 'awwws' from the audience for our father daughter relationship. The audience and the critics loved my dad's collection and so did I. Poster pictures of me were up everywhere in the hall as well as some of the poster pictures from Brooklyn and I's photoshoot. Once the unveiling had finished, I went home to get ready for the after party.
I had a lush bubble bath for half an hour. I then picked out one of my dad's favourite dresses from one of his past collections. It was one of my favourites as well. It was white with brown and gold detailing. The top had slits in it, showing off my stomach. It's scarf matched the dress, and added more elgance to the overall look. I pushed my hair to the side and had no jewellery on. That was a rare case for me, to go no jewellery with an outfit. But this specific dress was already elegent enough that if I put on jewellery, it would be an overload. I kept my make up light, light brown eyeshadow with light brown lipstick. Foundation and blush was kept to a minimum. My eye liner brought out my dull brown eyes with the help of some mascara. Overall, I thought I looked amazing.

Once I was done, I made my way to my awaiting car. I got in and the driver took me the where the event was being held. As we nearedthe red carpet, I could see camera flashes everywhere. They were going off like crazy. As soon as I stepped out, all cameras were flashing at me. As soon as I got out and onto the carpet, I smiles and posed for the cameras. I moved on past the journalists who were firing questions at me.

'Ms. Malhotra, is it true that you and your family is close to the Beckhams?' said one journalist.

'Mam, is it true that you and Brooklyn are dating?' I laughed as I heard that one. Seriously, Brooklyn and I dating?

I ignored the rest, as I moved on down the red carpet. Cameras were still focusing on me as someone's arm slipped round my waist. I looked to see who it was.

Brooklyn.

He was smiling at the cameras as I tried to hide my surprise. What the hell was he thinking. The media was already coming up with rumors of us two dating, this was going to make it even worse.

'Brooklyn, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Get your arm off of me.' I hissed at him, my face still plastered with a fake smile. All the cameras were now fixing solely on Brooklyn and I. Other celebrities were forgotten of.

'Just shut up will you?' he hissed back.

'By the way, you look gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.' he whispered into my ear. My face must have been red with the blush on my face. I smiled wider, this time a real smile on my face. Then something popped up in my head? Had the media seen me and Brooklyn hanging out together? I hadn't seen anyone that looked like the media around us when we were hanging out. If they had seen us, they would have bombarded us with questions on the spot. That's probably why that journalist asked if we were dating.