Long Epilogue: Part 1 of epilogue part 1

This is the first part of the first part of the epilogue. Hope that makes sense.

Shanaya's outfit and presents.

Shanaya's POV :

'Shanaya baby, wake up! It's your birthday!' I heard my mum say. I groaned, not wanting to leave the comfort of my bed. It's too glorious to be deserted like this!

'Shanaya darling, get up!' I heard my dad say.

I lifted my head off my pillow, opening my eyes. My parents stood on either side of my bed, holding a small cupcake in front of them. I smiled at the cute ritual.

Being rich, people expect me to hold a huge party but I find spending time with my family and friends the best way to spend my birthday. Every year, my parents would bake a small cupcake for Sid and I's birthdays and we would blow it out together.

Thinking of Sid, that son of a bitch couldn't come because he had a 'project' to complete. How could he miss his one and only sister's birthday, which he was also meant to be celebrating with.

I blew out the mini candle whilst my parents sang me a happy birthday song. I smiled as they broke off a part and pushed it into my mouth.

'Happy birthday my little princess!' My dad said, hugging me.

'Dad! I'm no longer little anymore! I'm 18 now, an adult.'

'No matter what your age, you will always be my little princess. Always.' My dad said. He kissed my forehead and I smiled cheesily at him.

'Happy birday honey! You're now a fully grown adult, even if you don't act like one.' My mum said.

I rolled my eyes playfully, hugging her and saying thanks.

I pulled out of bed and ushered my parents out so I could get ready for school. Yeah, going to college on my 18th birthday. At least it was a Friday.

Ugh, I hate you life.

I had a shower and brushed my teeth. I slipped on my clothes for college: my hot pink and black hoodie, black jeans and my hot pink and black Nikes. I shoved my hair into a messy bun with strands of hair falling out of it. My make-up was normal because I couldn't bothered to change it.

I grabbed my bag and phone, checking for all my things. My phone binged, signalling a text.

Brookie Bear: Can't pick u up. Got football practice. See u in skl. Love u. xx

Me: It's fine. See u in skl, love u. xx

I sighed, guess I'm going to school by myself then.

I opened my door, revealing my very excited looking puppies.

'Aww, morning to you too!' I said, bending down and kissing them all on their noses. They excitedly wagged their tails. I smiled and went downstairs, my pups following me.

I had my breakfast and left, not wanting to be late for school. I climbed into my Fiat 500 and drove to my college.

I parked my car and headed inside, getting a happy birthday from nearly everyone who passed by. I collected my things from my locker and headed off to our homeroom.

I walked in and was surprised the whole of my class singing happy birthday to me. Once they had finished, they bombarded me with their personal birthday wishes and small presents.

'Guys, you really didn't have to do this. But thank you anyways, it was a really nice gesture.' I said, wrapped up presents practically falling out of my hands.

I put them back in my locker, not wanting to carry them all round the college building.

When I had made it back to the homeroom, I was still surprised that Brooklyn hadn't arrived from his football training.

'Happy birthday Shanaya!' My friends screamed at me, running over and hugging me. I laughed, saying thanks.

'Here.' Alice said, shoving a huge wrapped parcel towards me.

'Guys, seriously, you don't need to buy me a present. It's not needed. But thanks anyways.' I said. I carefully tore open the packaging, revealing a gorgeous Pandora bracelet.

'Thank you so much Alice, it's gorgeous.' I said. I did the same for Katie and Jess's presents. I got a breathtaking blue and silver Pandora charm bracelet.
'Alice, this is breathtaking. Thank you so much!' I say, hugging her.

I opened Jess and Katie's presents. Jess had gotten me my favourite Gucci perfume and Katie had gotton my a Michael Kors white with gold studs purse.

'Guys, I love these presents. Thabk you so much. There was no need for them though.' I said.

'Nonsense. Having you in our little group circle just brightened up our lives at this boring college. I mean year 12 was boring as heck. This year, was full of surprises. Good ones.' Katie said. Alice and Katie agreed.

'To be honest, I shouldbe thanking you guys. You accepted me for who I am and not for by my past or fame. Thank you.' I said.

'Okay, I can't take this. Group hug!' Jess said. We laughed and hugged each other.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The day went by so fast, I didn't realise it had ended. I hadn't seen Brooklyn all day, football practice had been extended for the whole day because of the important match next week. I was annoyed yet I understood.

As soon as I got home, I took off my clothes and put on something warm and comfy. A unicorn onesie was just perfect. I was so tired from today that I decided to do what felt right, watch a movie.

I snuggled into the sofa, eagerly waiting for the movie to come on. Fault in our stars was such a good movie. I had already got my food: ice cream, chocolate and popcorn. They were lined up on my coffee table.

As the movoe went on, I felt sleep over come me.

And with that, I fell asleep.