Chapter 17

Above is Shanaya's dress she wore to the party.
Shanaya's POV :

After my awkward situation with Brooklyn, I ignored him. Well, I was teasingly ignoring him. And he knew that. I had the breakfast Katie's chef had made us, said goodbyes to everyone and left with Brooklyn, for my house.

By the time I got home, it was 3pm. I had 3 hours to change for Sabyasachi's party.

I had another quick bath, soaking my hair with water so it was easy to style. Once that was done, I put on my dress, which was a gorgeous Sabyasachi creation. It was golden glittery with long sleeves. The blouse ended above my stomach and the skirt fell to the floor. The scarf was the same colour, with a light pinky peach colour on it. I painted my nails so it was the same pinky peach colour. I then put on my golden jewellery. My hair was put into a neat bun, with a few strands coming out. I finally teamed my outfit with gold heels. My was subtle. My lips matched my nail colour. I had little foundation and blush on. Eye liner and mascara outlined my brown eyes.

All in all, I looked fabulous. The dress was amazing. I loved it. As always, I took a few selfies, posting it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I had so many followers on each one. Almost 2 million now. As soon as my photos went up, likes and comments washed over them. I grabbed my golden clutch, outting my phone, emergency make up and a tissue packet in it. I also placed a small mirror in it.

I was ready.

My dad came in, wearing a Sabyasachi creation as well. He looked handsome.

'Ready princess?' I nodded.

My brother, like all other times, was not attending. He didn't like to attend many events, yet he was still VERY popular.

We left in our car, and headed towards the place of event.

We soon arrived and stepped out onto the red carpet. Cameras were flashing everywhere. I smiled for them, my arm linked with my dad's.

Boy, did media love us.

We skipped the questions, mainly because they were about Brooklyn and I dating. I got off the carpet, only to be pulled into a hug by none other than Sabyasachi Mukerjee.

'My Shanaya! Aren't you looking gorgeous today? Gorgeous is an understatement, you're looking stunning! I am so happy to see you two. Please, have a seat and enjoy the night.' He said, cheerily.

We nodded and went in. The hall was crowded. People were everywhere. The music was subtle in the background. Food and drinks were against the wall, the stage area occupied by the muscians, and a dance floor directly in front of the musicians. Tables and chairs were places around the hall, taking up most of the space.

We sat down at out designated seats, near the front. We were one of the most important guests here. My dad was a one of Sabyasachi's closest friends.

The night went on, without much going on.

Until I met someone. He was Sabyasachi's newphew, around my age. He had dark brown hair, almost black, with milky brown eyes and a cute smile. His milky eyes were covered by black rimmed glasses, making him look like a cute geek. When we met, it was a bit weird. I had no clue who he was.

'Hi. Are you the Shanaya Malhotra?' He said. His voice showed uncertainty and nervousness.

I nodded and smiled. He smiled.

'Wow. I thought you looked gorgeous on posters and on the internet but you're even more stunning in real life!' He said, shyly.

I smiled and blushed, 'Thanks. Don't mind to be rude or anything but you are?'

'Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Rohan Mukerjee, Sabyasachi's nephew.' He said, breaking into a grin. He stuck out a hand for me to shake, which I gladly shook.

'Nice to meet you Rohan.' I smiled, bringing my hand back to my side after we shook hands.

We talked together all night. He looked shy from the face, but he acted completely the opposite. He was lively, always crackig jokes and making me laugh. He was full of energy. Whenever I would tease him, he would turn a light shade of pink, which was pretty adorable. We got on like long lost friends.

And that's how the night went along. I had to go home early, since I had college the next day.

The party was good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi guys, it's me!

I don't really like this chapter, sorry it was a bit boring. But for some reason, I wanted Shanaya to attend this party and meet Rohan. Hope you liked it, despite how bad it was.

Please keep voting, commenting. And please please share this book and my other one!

I'll try to post a chapter for the other book as well. But I have a load of homework to do. I'll see, I may start the chapter now and finish it tomorrow.
Love you all!

Llama2001xxx