Chapter 40

Shanaya's POV :

My alarm went off. I twisted under my covers, trying to block out the horrific sound of my blasted alarm.

Wait a second. Covers? Meaning bed? But wasn't I at a party?

I immediately sat up to find myself back in my spacious bedroom.

Brooklyn must have bought me back after I fell asleep. So sweet. I glanced at the time.

7:00am.

Shit. Brooklyn would be here in half an hour!

I scrambled out of my bed, sprinting to my ensuite. I took the fasted shower of my life and brushed my teeth. I then grabbed whatever clothes I could find from my wardrobe. That consisted of my grey wooly jumper, blue jeans and my cream coloured Uggs.

Not bad considering I was in a rush. I shoved my tangled hair into a really messy bun which I would probably have to redo.

I grabbed my bag and stormed down the stairs. I grabbed the closest thing that looked edible. That consisted of a dog biscuit and an oreo milkshake.

I grimiced at my choice of food. Except for the milkshake.

A car honk went off. I rushed out of my house after saying bye to my parents.

I sat down in Brooklyn's car, breathing hard. Brooklyn looked at me amused, his eyebrow raised.

'You set my alarm a bit late. I hardly had enough time to get ready. And cause of that, I picked a dog biscuit and an oreo milkshake for breakfast.' I breathed.

Brooklyn burst out laughing, 'Nice choice of food.'

'Ha ha, very funny.' I said sarcastically.

'Sorry, I didn't know it takes you that long to get dressed. I literally just plonk on whatever I find.' He said.

'Lucky for you. Being a girl means it takes about half an hour to choose what to wear, and then another 15 minutes to get ready. I forgot to do my make-up today cause I was running so late.' I sighed.

'No wonder why I thought you looked a bit different. But I prefer you without makeup.' He commented.

'Thanks. Now drive to Starbucks for a proper breakfast.' I demanded. Brooklyn chuckled.

'You know, you should be thankful that I brought you home instead of insulting my intelligence.' Brooklyn said, acting hurt and insulted.

'Thanks for that but please next time, set my alarm a little early if this ever happens again.' I pleaded.

'Sure.' Brooklyn said, sending me a smile.

'Thanks. I really do appreciate it. Now I demand a breakfast from holy Starbucks.' I said. Brooklyn chuckled.

We drove off towards Starbucks. I hungrily bought a double chocolate chip muffin and some hot chocolate. I licked my lips at the sight of them as we sat down in a booth, ready for me to devour my food. Brooklyn had just bought a cappuccino.

I started my muffin, loving the taste of melted chocolate in my mouth.

'This ish schoo ghood!' I moaned, taking a sip of my hot chocolate

Brooklyn chuckled, 'Please don't moan like that, it's turning me on.' He said once he sobered.

I spat my hot chocolate back into my cup, coughing.

He did not just say that!?

Brooklyn started having a laughing fit about my coughing fit whilst I was screaming for air. We had caught the attention of most of the customers in the shop who were looking atus with annoyed expressions on their faces.