Chapter 28

[Ashton's POV]

Luckily, but at the same time, unluckily, it was only my little sister Lauren instead of my mum. It would have been a lot worse if it were to be, especially since she didn't know that Luke and I were even dating. She would go off the deep end and accuse me of rape or something to be dramatic.

"What are you doing?!" Lauren asked, a horrified expression on her face.

"Um, I lost-" Luke started.

"Don't bother. She may be young, but she's a smart cookie," I told Luke, causing him to blush. "We were obviously wrestling."

Luke snorted and Lauren rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "I didn't know kissing was included in wrestling now."

"It is in the kind of wrestling we were doing," I told her with a smirk.

Her jaw dropped. "Isn't he straight?!"

"As a circle," I snorted. "He's my boyfriend and yes, we were making out. Don't tell mum though. We're going to tell her after dinner."

"You're lucky that you're my favorite brother," she scoffed, rolling her eyes again. "Go back to...inhaling each other since I forgot what I needed from you."

Lauren left the room and Luke and I stayed quiet in the same position we were in. After a second, both Luke and I broke out into laughter for no reason really. He latched his lips back onto mine and we continued where we left off.

----

"Oh, dearest son and his friend! Dinner is ready! If you don't get your buns down here, Harry might inhale it!" my mum yelled up the stairs.

"Ugh, this is why I never brought you here before," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Why?" Luke chuckled.

"Because we would never be left alone," I laughed.

"That's okay. It makes us appreciate it more," he said with a wink.

"You are so cute," I said, giving him one last peck on the lips before I got off his lap.

The two of us went down to the dinner table, Lauren and Harry seated across from where Luke and I were supposed to sit. Lauren raised her eyebrows at me, assuming the worst because, well, she is my sister and my mother's daughter. I just glared and grimaced at her, denying her thoughts.

"I thought you would never come down!" my mum said as she walked into the room with a plate of breadsticks on a plate. She turned to Luke. "I was beginning to think that my dear gay son over there was going to try and convert you."

Luke blushed and looked at me with a sheepish smile. If only she knew.

"Well, are you going to eat standing up? Sit down and dig in!" she told us.

Luke and I sat down and both of us grabbed for the spatula to pick up a piece of the homemade Hawaiian pizza. Luke's hand grabbed onto mine, but he quickly removed it, remembering that my mum was clueless to our relationship. Both of us looked at each other, his cheeks tinted a light pink. I shoveled a piece onto my plate and then onto his, passing the spatula to Lauren.

"Mum, can you give us the breadsticks?" I asked.

"Very well mannered, I see," she said, rolling her eyes as she gave me the plate of breadsticks.

"Thank you, mum," I said with an amused smile.

It was an unusual awkward silence and the only sounds filling the room were the clinking of silverware against the plates and my siblings bickering over something meaningless.

"So, Luke, how come I haven't seen you around before?" my mum started asking.

"Um, well, I'm not really sure," Luke said, giving me a look. "I was beginning to actually believe Ashton lived in a box."

"Ashton!" my mum said, giving me a stern look.

"Dammit, Luke," I said, chuckling.

"So, what do you do for fun? Are you employed?" she questioned.

"Well, I'm really into playing guitar and artsy kind of things. As far as jobs go, I'm not employed yet," he answered.

"Do you have a girlfriend? Or is there anyone in mind? I might be able to help you since Ashton's about as straight as rubber band," she offered.

Luke chuckled and blushed, glancing at me. "Well, I am taken, actually. But thanks for the offer."

Both Luke and I tried our hardest to hold back our laughter, knowing that she was completely oblivious to the fact that we literally made out just twenty minutes ago.

"Boys, what's so funny?" she asked, clearly confused.

"Oh, nothing, mumsy. I got the giggles," I told her, causing the oblivious woman to roll her eyes.

"Why did I give birth to such a weird boy?" she asked herself and then turned back to Luke. "Anyway, what's your girlfriend's name?"

"Um, Ashley," he said, doing a better job at composing himself.

"Cute name. I was actually going to name Ashton that if he wouldn't have had something between-"

"Mum!" both Harry and Lauren yelled, stopping her.

"What? I'm not being gross," she said. "So, where is she from? Your hometown?"

"No, um, she's actually from here," he said, shooting me a smile.

"Really? What's her last name? I know quite a few of the girls and their mothers in your boys' year," she asked.

"Um, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know her, mum," I told her quickly.

"Try me. I'm not a hermit like you think, Ashton," she said.

I looked at Luke, gulping and hoping that he had something to save our asses, even if we were going to be telling her later on.

"Actually, it's funny because her last name is Irwin," he said with a shy smile. I looked back at Luke with wide eyes.

"Irwin? Really? I didn't know ther  - wait. Are you and Ashton...?" she questioned, putting the pieces together. None of us said anything and her jaw dropped. "Ashton Fletcher, why didn't you tell me that you finally had a boyfriend?!"

I looked back at Luke, narrowing my eyes at him. "I was supposed to."

"I'm sorry, Ashy," Luke apologized.

"And you even have pet names! My heart!" my mum fangirled, making me feel embarrassed of her already.

"You want to know why they wouldn't come downstairs right away, mum?" Lauren asked, giving me an evil look.

"Really, Ashton? Flaunting your wonderful gayness in front of your siblings?! I told you that they aren't allowed to watch porn until they were sixteen!" she scolded.

"Oh my god. This is why I don't have friends."

----