|11|

Elliot

I looked around me, the place seemed pretty normal. Light beige walls, sparkly marbled floors and a line of chandeliers that ran down each hallway. There was a sign on top of one of the doors that read infirmary, it was surprising at first. The place definitely did not look like one, it all looked way too fancy. Dark wooded doors were lined up against the walls at a good distance, behind them were patients waiting in a room similar to mine. No one was in these halls except for a few nurses and security guards. The occasional Doctor passing by.

Ed had explained to me that he thought we were on of Dion's men trying to attack the institution but when Harry stepped out, he had stopped Eleanor from blowing our car into pieces. When Ed had heard word I was in the institution he dropped everything and set up a meeting, he still hasn't told me what the meeting was specifically. Only that it could lead us to finding out what Dion is up to and that it could stop this mess once and for all, which meant that Dion would stop hunting me down. So I agreed and that's how we are currently in this situation.

I quietly thanked one of the guards as he opened the large door in front of us, revealing what I assumed was headquarters. I didn't think it could've gotten better but, it did indeed.

I looked around in awe, the place was absolutely marvelous and crowded too. There were multiple elevators and staircases leading in different directions. Nothing but people in suits and ties walked around the building carrying nothing but suitcases. Everybody here looked professional and modest. This is what being a top level agent is like huh?

I quickly walked forward to catch up to Ed who had already reached one of the elevators. As I did the elevator across from us dinged and out came a group of teens, recruits.

They walked out laughing, weapons in hand. Their sleek black uniforms fitted perfectly with the crowd as they walked out in unison. The girls heads turned towards us first and suddenly all the giggling stopped and their faces turned serious, bitter almost. I felt a hand on my back, guiding me to the elevator removing my sight from the group of teens. I turned behind me knowing exactly who it was, he didn't pay much attention to this and as soon as I stepped it and the elevator doors closed, he removed it.

I tried not to think about it as we made our way to- wherever we were going but I couldn't. I cursed at myself for making such a big deal out of a little stupid gesture.

The elevator ride was quick, and I was grateful. I took in a deep breath as the elevator doors opened with a ding. I was the first one to step out assuming I was going to step out into a hallway of some sort but I was wrong.

My eyes widened as I looked around to see multiple women and men dressed in business attire surrounding the oval table. In the very front of the room stood a large hologram screen with a map of the world, names and information popping up in small dots all around each continent.

"C'mon." I felt Ed place his palm onto my back guiding me towards the seat at the very end. I looked down knowing that multiple eyes roamed me as I walked pass them. When I found my seat so did Harry, right next me. He was acting a bit weird, I hadn't heard him talk since I had my attack in the car. All he did was stare into oblivion as if he was in deep thought.

"Ms. Decessare, we've been waiting for you." One of the ladies near my right spoke, giving me a smile.

I looked around the table nervously, noticing Eleanor and Alex were here too. I gulped and felt my hands getting clammy.