Uhm...

Frank looked around the hallway, half-worried. What if Gerard had gotten sick? Why wouldn't he have called, at least? 

He soon spotted the boy shuffling down the halls, trying to look busy. His formerly black hair was now dyed a cute blonde, very light. Frank's heart melted at the sight of his beautiful new hair. He tried to shove past the moving students, but he was soon so caught up that he lost sight of Gerard, and he was as alone as ever.

10:00am. Frank slumped in his seat. Gerard sat on the other side of the class, not even bothering to look his way.

10:30am. Gerard joined the nerd group for science, leaving Frank to work on his own.

11:40am. Sitting alone in the cafeteria, Frank lost a bit of his patience and let out a growl. Where was Gerard, and what was he doing?

12:30pm. Frank still sat alone in the hallway, working on his English assignment. Soon enough, he heard the familiar squeak of Gerard's sneakers. He saw them pass by with a bunch of people, and looked up to see his so-called boyfriend walking away without a glance.

At home, 3 days later, Frank sent out several anxious calls, but nobody picked up, each of the tries. He made sure he was alone, and walked into his cramped closet and shut the door. This was so unfair. Was the person he loved most really just going to exit his life like that? Frank bounded down the stairs and stepped into his parents' old room. His father's things were all packed in a box, even though Frank had never seen him before. He dug around to find a box of cigarettes. Finally. His mom wouldn't buy him cigarettes, so he had no way of feeding his addiction. Of course, Gerard made it subside, but he didn't have him now. So he pulled one out and lit it.

He sat on the porch for hours, watching cars go by, people meet, and occasionally someone on a bike crash. He stayed emotionless, numb, dulled. He did not dare move a muscle, except for the hand that was holding his cigarette. Soon, he forgot all of the world and plunged into his deep daydreams, where he joined something called The Black Parade. It was his number-one and favourite escape.

He sure was engrossed in his thoughts, because he didn't see the figure that moved up in front of him. He snapped back to reality. There, right in front of him, stood Gerard. Not tear-stained, not happy - he looked absolutely emotionless. 

"Listen, I'm sorry, but my m-" He once again started. Frank cut him off shortly, like he remembered Gerard doing to him before.

"I know. You don't want me. You could have told me, instead of putting me in torture like this." Frank snapped, crushing his cigarette into the ashtray and brushing past him back inside. He tried his best to look angry, but his eyes watered like rivers. There was no way of denying he was upset.

- - -

"Hey, so, what's your favourite music artist?" asked Lindsey happily. Gerard had met her the night before. Apparently, his mom's drunken friend threatened to spread rumors about Gerard if he did not marry Lindsey, the drunken friend's daughter. He grumbled something and looked the other way. He was on the brink of breaking down, but he wouldn't do it in front of her. Not in front of the person he was somehow going to have to get rid of.

"Bye guys!" called Mrs. Way. Gerard said nothing and kept sketching. She leaned over him and looked at it. 'Who's that?" she asked in a slightly high-pitched voice. 

"My friend," replied Gerard. Friend. That did NOT sound right. Carrying on, Lindsey watched for a while. 

When he thought things were way too silent, Lindsey started to talk.

"Just so you know, my mother is a raging alcoho--"

"I know," Gerard interrupted.

"I'm not finished. I'm not on her side, I don't want to be randomly married. But the things she can do to me..." she trailed off. Her eyes and Gerard's darted down to her bruised forearms. Fury bubbled in Gee like never before.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a minute," he said quickly. He pulled open the front door and made his way to Frank's house.

- - - 

"Frank! Open up!" yelled Gerard from outside. Frank did not move one inch, he was sitting on the floor, razor blades at his ankles. Soon, Gerard popped up in his window, and he cried out in defeat. He did not want to see Frank cut. He felt like his protecter, or maybe like his former protecter. He pulled open the window. Frank did not even dare look at his face. That wretch.

"Frank, I need you to come with me right now. I know it is going to be tough listening to me, but I can explain these past few days if you come with me. I have someone you need to meet." Gerard saw the tears in Frank's eyes. In the beginning, Frank looked not tough,but stable. He seemed very sensitive now. He finally got up, blood making a path down his feet, and hopped out of the window, barefoot. He didn't even bother climbing down the tree; he jumped off, landed a bit awkwardly, and walked, limping and barefoot, to his former boyfriend's house.