PROM NIGHT

I WASN’T THE PARTYING TYPE. Neither was Aiden, really. He only went to his senior prom, and we didn’t stay very long.

Had better things to deal with, I guess.

“Junior prom!” Hanna exclaimed as she straightened my hair. I hated my hair straight, had grown to love it curly, the way it was naturally supposed to be. “It’s exciting!”

“Yeah,” Ashlee cut in, her voice not as enthusiastic, “I sure remember my prom.” She smirked as she helped me zip the side of my dress. It was pretty cheap, just a plain black summer dress with a. Aiden and I both knew we weren’t really going to go to prom, so I didn’t want to buy something stupid expensive.

At least I got what I paid for, though.

“Gosh, this fucking zipper,” Ashlee said as she struggled. Blake laughed, nearly burned my scalp in doing so. Ashlee rolled her eyes, muttered perv under her breath.

“Hair’s done,” Blake said as she started combing it with her fingers. Ashlee grunted.

“Then help me with the zipper,” she said.

“I told you not to unzip it all the way down. It’s a size bigger than what she needed, so it would have fit either way.”

“Well, I’m sorry, but normally, when you put on a dress, you unzip it all the way.”

“Guys,” I cut in, “it’s not that serious.”

 Ashlee yanked upward, and finally it zipped. Blake groaned, picked up the brush that was on her dresser. Then she slowly worked it through my hair.

“Okay, now it’s done,” she said, turning my body toward the mirror. My eyes widened as I stared at myself.

God, I looked weird.

“You look incredible,” Ashlee said as I started putting on my heels. This is exactly why I wasn’t a party person. Everything about it annoyed me.

“Yep… Just gorgeous,” Blake said.

“Hey,” Ethan called from downstairs, “You girls need to stop keeping him waiting!”

“Shut up, dork!” Blake responded, “She’s ready, anyway!” She smiles at me as they both pull me out of her bedroom, toward the top of the stairs.

“Wait here,” Ashlee said as they walked downstairs.

“Well, loser,” Ethan said, “Is she ready?”

“Didn’t I just say that, Ethan?” Blake asked, “I mean, are you too good to listen to anyone?”

“Nope. Just you.”

I rolled my eyes as they started arguing, walked downstairs. When I reached the foot of them, Aiden looked at me, smiled.

“Whoa,” he said as he walked toward me. Ethan laughed.

“Damn,” he said, “nice job, bro.”

Ashlee gave him a dirty look. He shrugged.

“What? She is hot.”

She laughed, wrapped her arm around him.

“Yeah, I know.”

Before Aiden could kiss me, Ethan jumped, rushed toward the end table near the door.

“Wait,” he says, “now, before you start making out, Anna wants me to take pictures.”

“Ah, come on!” I exclaimed. Ethan laughed.

“But ya’ll are just so cute. For real, I have her camera, and she’ll kill me if there aren’t any new pictures on it. Now, Aiden, stand with her.”

We both grunted as he took about a dozen pictures. Then, before I knew it, we were out the door, climbing into his truck.

“Left your bag under the seat?” he asked as he started the truck, pulled out of the driveway. I grabbed my bag, pulled my sneakers out of it.

“You know it,” I responded as I kicked my heels off, “So, where are you taking me?”

“You’re extremely impatient, you know that?”

“So? Is that a problem?”

“No, not with me. But it will be with you…” he hesitates, “You’ll see.”

I pouted as I tied my shoes, sat up straight.

“Fine,” I said.

<><><>

We pulled into a grassy parking lot full of people, all walking in the same direction. I glared at him.

“Okay,” I said, “Where are we?”

Aiden jumped out of the car, walked toward the passenger side door and opened it for me.

“Come on,” he said, pulling me out of the truck, slamming the door. I sneered at him as he pulled me toward the other people who were walking, up a steep hill.

“You know that band you love?” he asked as we approached a long line of people. My heart leaped as I smiled.

“You’re serious?” I asked.

“As I’ll ever be.” He smiled back at me while concentrating on the line. I wanted to hug him then, but he kept shifting, trying to see how long the line is.

“Damn, how many people have the same taste as we do?” he asked as he hesitated, looked toward me. “What?”

Apparently, my smile was a little too exaggerated. I frowned a little.

“You’re sweet, you know that?”

He chuckled, pulled closer to me. “Nah. Not nearly as much as you are.”

He kissed me, pulled away quickly. The line was going forward. Aiden pulled the tickets out of his back pocket, and before I knew it we were in, standing in the general admission section. 

___________________________________________________________________

I would have ended this part better, but i was getting a little fed up >.< Anyways, Emma's dress is at jcp.com and its by olsenboye... it's the black one with the bow, and it's sooo adorable :D