fake fans

listen, I absolutely hate it when people in a fandom claim others who are in the same fandom are fake fans because they don't know the celebrity's birthday or an inside joke. (a girl at my school who likes little mix too and said I'm not a fan because I didn't know anything about the girls' families I'm looking at you -_-//BITCH I HAVE A STORY CALLED BLACK MAGIC WHAT DOES THAT MEAN HM??)

it's okay to be a fan of someone or something and not know every single thing there is to know about them. you're not a fake fan if you don't know what their favorite food is or what their favorite style of music is.

but, in other cases, you may be a fake fan.

like, an actual one.

I'm not sure if you saw my mini rant about someone at my school who said they're the biggest taylor swift there is on my message board, but that's what I'm gonna talk about. so, because I always run at the opportunity to talk to someone about taylor since everyone else is tired of me talking about her, I asked what her favorite song is off of 1989.

and she said the last time.

fyi, the last time is track 10 in red, taylor's previous album.

I didn't want to jump into conclusions so I just thought maybe she didn't hear me correctly and heard red instead of 1989. so, I say in the nicest way possible, "oh, I meant 1989, not red, but that song's really good."

her response:

"yeah, I heard you. I don't like 1989, it's so annoying."

what? (the fact that she called herself the biggest taylor swift fan says something omfg)

I can understand why someone might be a swiftie and not like 1989 because they enjoyed her country sound. but she called it annoying? if you were such a major swiftie than you wouldn't call it annoying.

if you said, "personally, I love taylor's old music, I think she's better as a country artist. but, she can do whatever she wants, I don't mind. she's still my fave!" it wouldn't matter to me.

but she didn't even bother to put it in a nice way. she just flat out told me it was an annoying album.

so, being the in-too-deep swiftie I am, I said, "uh, okay. it's what you think."

and I walked away.