Chapter 26 (Edited)

Chapter 26

I yawned and opened my eyes to see the darkening sky above me. It took a moment for me to realize where I was, then I remembered Erik and I just ended up sleeping on the roof. Erik’s father didn’t spend money on an actual apartment; he slept wherever he could, essentially homeless. Last night when we had figured out our plan Max White gave Erik and I sleeping bags so we could sleep. Then he and Alexandria both left, although to do what I didn’t know.

I untangled myself from the blue fluffy sleeping bag and then looked over at Erik who was snoring loudly. I contemplated about waking up Erik so we could decide what we were going to do. Just when I had made my decision Alexandria showed up closely followed by Max White. She smirked at me and rolled her eyes at Erik.

“Wow, Erik snores loudly, I could hear him from the first floor,” Alexandria commented earning a glare from Erik’s father. I chuckled; it seemed Erik’s father didn’t like Alexandria either. Like father like son.

“You have vampire hearing, so it’s not really a measure of how loudly Erik is snoring because you can hear really well,” Max White argued.

“Yeah it’s true, I do have amazing hearing but normally I can’t hear snoring from that far away. So that means Erik snores louder than normal people.”

“This is a weird conversation I just woke up to,” groaned Erik. “Next time I’d appreciate it if you talked of my snoring while I’m not present.” He looked up at the sky and noticed it was losing its light. “What time is it?”

“You two have slept more than half the day, its almost time for you two to get ready for your jobs,” the disdain dripping in his father’s voice showed how unhappy he was about Erik and I being involved with in the plan for tonight. I ignored his tone.

“So everything’s all set up?” I asked as I stretched. Erik’s father nodded then started rummaging in his duffel bag. Alexandria walked over and held out a brown paper bag that I hadn’t noticed she had until now. I stared at the bag not comprehending.

“Some food, since you missed breakfast, and lunch and almost dinner,” she said smirking. I took the bag from her and looked inside to see to bagels with cream cheese. I handed one to Erik and then took the other for myself.

“Thanks,” I said since it was clear Erik wasn’t going to acknowledge what Alexandria had done. I gave her a smile before removing the wax paper covering the bagel; it was still warm and smelled fresh. My stomach rumbled at the sight of the bagel.

“No problem. I’ll see you tonight then because I’m going to get ready,” Alexandria replied.

“Get ready now? Why, we still have a lot of time until we have to be ready,” I asked confused. Erik snorted and then swallowed the food in his mouth.

“Girls take a long time to get ready, why should it matter if that girl is a vampire, they probably take the same time as normal human girls,” he told me. Alexandria rolled her eyes.

“I guess that’s one reason, but I do have other things to do other than get ready,” she responded then left without another word. I stared after for a moment than exchanged looks with Erik. Erik shrugged he didn’t really care.

“How much do you want to bet that one of those things she has to do is drink an unwilling human’s blood?” Erik asked confidently.

“She just drank blood yesterday, I think she’s fine,” I answered.

“Maybe, but she was very injured, a bit of blood yesterday doesn’t mean she’s one hundred percent better,” Erik said. Erik’s father had found what he wanted in his bag and handed us one plastic bag each with some clothes.