Chapter 11 (Edited)

Chapter 11

“I’m just wondering, but are you planning on waking up anytime soon?” Why did that voice seem weirdly familiar? “Hello,” said an irritated voice, silence followed for a moment before fingers snapped near my ears. I groaned and tried to swat what made them noise but nothing was there. “Fine, just remember, you brought this on yourself,” and then freezing cold water was dumped on me soaking my clothes immediately.

“What the hell,” I groaned as I sat up taking in the unfamiliar unkempt room that smelt faintly musty. Where exactly was I?

“You had to wake up sometime and now was as a good time as any. Frankly, I was just getting bored of hearing your snoring.” I narrowed my eyes and turned to glare at speaker that was holding me captive in this awful room and was surprised to see a familiar vampire leaning against the wall giving me a not amused expression.

“What did you do,” I asked sitting up; when I did a sharp pain went through my stomach forcing me to shut my eyes and wait until the pain dissipated. Alexandria sighed.

“Why do you assume I did something?” I opened my eyes and looked at her.

“That injury was quite fatal, so why aren’t I dead?” I asked confused. Alexandria just shrugged bored with this conversation. I gingerly peeled my t-shirt away from my body and pulled it away from my body wincing at the sight of the red swollen wound. I inspected it further surprised there still wasn’t a stake in my stomach and noticed the wound was neatly stitched. I ran my fingers lightly over the stitches and found nothing wrong with them.

“Did you do this?” I inquired suspiciously. For some reason I couldn’t imagine her stitching me up.

“Did you lose you memory too? I wasn’t the one that staked you, remember, it was Desiree,” Alexandria remarked sarcastically. My eyes narrowed as I shook my head impatiently. I didn’t have time for games.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it. I meant who extracted the stake and stitched me up?” Alexandria looked around the room exaggerating the action.

“Do you see someone other than me around? It was me, of course. Stitching up a human is similar to the times I stitched myself up. At least I think it is. Its possible I didn’t know what I was doing and completely screwed you up but you’re not dead so for now you’re fine,” She replied sarcastically.

“I thought vampires heal quickly.”

“Normally they do, but some hunters give more serious injuries and those don’t heal that fast with all the damage inflicted,” Alexandria replied. “There are a hell of a lot of hunters running around. It seems like everywhere I turn I run into some other stupid hunter trying to kill me.”

“Well maybe they have a good reason for trying to kill you. How do I know they weren’t trying to kill you because they were trying to save numerous humans from you? Or maybe you attacked them first because you hate hunters with a passion,” I speculated out loud.

“If I did hate hunters with a passion,” Alexandria mimicked me, “then why did I save you? I could have kill you myself and not stitched your wound. Or better yet, I could have just left you to Desiree. It would have been less work for me that way.” I frowned and then shrugged.

“Vampire reasoning has always been a mystery to me,” I answered. Anyways it seems like you’ve managed to escape with your life so I doubt many hunters are really a big danger to you.”

Alexandria rolled her eyes again. “Well maybe they’re not a big threat but its still incredibly annoying, you’re like mosquitoes.”

“Did you seriously compare us to mosquitoes? I think vampires have way more in common with mosquitoes, both of your species drink blood after all,” I retorted quickly.

“Please, vampires are way better than mosquitoes, and our bites don’t itch.”

“How do you know that for sure? Do you actually wait until after your victims wake up to ask them if their neck itches? Really bad vampire bites are most likely itchy.” Alexandria laughed.

“Considering your profession you have probably been bitten by vampires many times right? Did the really bad bites itch? Even now you have a vampire bite on your neck, does it itch? Do you feel the urge to scratch it non-stop?”

“Well no,” I confessed. Alexandria nodded smugly.

“Exactly, there aren’t really different types of bites; there is the usual kind that comes along with the normal side effects that happen when a wound is healing. Then there are the worse kinds, but if you have the worse kind, then you’re most likely dead, it’s as simple as that. There are however, exceptions to everything but usually you can’t compare vampires to mosquitoes.”

I looked at Alexandria curiously; she was standing with her hands hidden behind her back as if she was hiding something. Many ideas of what she was hiding flashed through me head but I disregarded most of them, she wouldn’t be holding something to kill me because she could do that easily with no weapons and she wouldn’t do that after she had saved me, would she?

“Where am I?” I asked. I glanced around the room hoping to find some clue as to where I was but saw nothing.

“Why do you need to know?” she answered back.

“My friends are looking for me,” I told her, it was pretty convincing except for the note of doubt that crept into my voice, there was no way of knowing if they even realized I was missing. “I should get going soon.” Alexandria smiled, not the slightest bit worried.

“Even if that’s true, do you think they will look for you here?” Alexandria said smirking; it was like she was trying to get a rise out of me.

“They will find me,” I stated more forcefully than before. Alexandria shrugged.

“I’m sure they will, and soon most likely, because I don’t want to keep having to pay for this room,” she agreed.

“You pay for things? That’s something I have never heard exit a vampire’s mouth.” Vampires always got their way regardless of if they paid or not. So usually they preferred not to buy things with money.”

“Not all vampires are the same, some do pay for things and I also thought paying was a wise choice considering I wanted everything to seem normal.” I nodded, that made sense. I froze as a thought popped into my head. I didn’t know if she had taken any of my blood.

“Did you drink any of my blood?” I asked her.

“You wouldn’t quite know if I did now would you?” She replied. When she failed once again to get a reaction from me she rolled her eyes and told me the truth, “Fine, no, I did not drink you’re blood, you barely had enough to keep you alive and after I used a lot of my time and energy to save you itwould have been a waste.”

“You really resisted?” I asked incredulously.

“Sort of,” she responded her head on the wall.

“What does sort of mean?” I asked annoyed at her way of avoiding answering my questions.

“I didn’t drink your blood, but I also didn’t wash your blood off my hands,” she said bring her hands out from behind her back. I was immediately sickened at the sight of still damp blood on her fingers and was further more sickened when she brought her fingers to her mouth and started licking the blood. Her eyes closed as she proceeded to clean the rest of her fingers and when her fingers were bloodless she opened her eyes to reveal they were a colour of plum purple, many shades darker then what they were before.

“Why did you do that?” I asked as I leaned away from her. I was not getting a good feeling from this situation. My heart beat faster and faster and Alexandria cocked her head listening to its irregular rhythm.

“Yum, you taste good,” she hissed her lips pulling back in a dark smile revealing her sharpened white canines. Then she leapt towards me with every intention of draining me dry.