Chapter 14 (Edited)

This Chapter is dedicated to xXaveragegirlxX she's a great fan and hasnt failed to comment on all the Hunter Academy chapters so far :) it really motivates me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 14

When we got back to the room there were a few full plates of food awaiting us and Erik and I immediately started eating them. Erik picked up a plate of roasted chicken with fries and gravy while I chose to eat the three pizza slices. The smell of food made my mouth water and I ravenously took a bite of pizza.

We didn’t talk a while as we polished off all the food on the plates and only once we were done did we notice Jordan and Liz had been gone for a while. I swallowed my last mouthful of food and wiped my hands on a napkin then cleared my throat. That caught Erik’s attention, I noticed, he was now looking up at me curiously.

“Shouldn’t Liz and Jordan be back? Did they have to travel far?” I asked Erik, slightly worried but it was probably nothing, it could have been a long drive or walk. Erik paused to think.

“About thirty minutes, Tristan lived on the other side of the city,” he replied also looking worried.

“So then they probably just got there,” I assured myself no longer worried.

“Not exactly… they were gone for forty-five minutes before I came to find you on the roof.” He pulled out his phone and checked his messages prompting me to do the same. No messages. I glanced at Erik and we both shook our heads. No messages from Liz or Jordan, that wasn’t good.

“You didn’t think that was important enough to tell me?” I asked him annoyed even as I started dialling Liz’s number.

“We’re sorry the number you have reached is not in service at this time, please check the number or try your call again,” said a robotic automated message. I hung up even more worried and dialled Jordan’s number only to get the same result. I looked at Erik alarmed. For Liz to have her phone off was unusual because she always kept her phone on at least silent but for Jordan to have his phone off too? That wasn’t a coincidence.

“You know the address right?” I asked Erik receiving a nod from him. “Okay let’s go then, I think Liz and Jordan are in trouble.”

“Let me make a stop along the way,” said Erik as he left me and entered the landlord’s apartment. I waited impatiently for Erik to return and understood then why he had to talk to the landlord, Erik had borrowed the landlord’s keys.

“Good thinking,” I praised him as we went outside and got into a blue unmarked sedan. Erik slid into the driver’s seat and took off driving slightly above speed limit as to not draw that much attention from cops to merit being pulled over.

As Erik drove I kept calling Liz and Jordan’s phones alternating hoping that I wouldn’t get the same automated voice I got each and every time. I would blame myself if anything happened to Jordan and Liz. This wasn’t supposed to be their job, I should have just declined their help and as soon as I found them I would make them leave the search for Tristan alone. I would make Erik do that too so no one else would get in trouble for me.

Erik manoeuvred the car into a tight parking space beside two badly parked cars and got out. I slid out of the car then shut the door quickly behind me.

“So this is where Tristan lived?” I inquired. Erik nodded quickly.

“Somewhere around here.” Then he pointed to a tall apartment building made entirely of red bricks after he spotted it. “That’s it right there.” Then we took off running towards the building.