Chapter 13 (Edited)

Chapter 13

“Alright, spill, what happened to you?” said Liz. She was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed. It reminded me of a little kid waiting anxiously for a story to be read to them.

“You know that blond vamp that threatened Erik and I at the café? Well she attacked me as I was making my way back to the apartment,” I confessed. Liz’s eyes widened as she took in the news. Then she turned to glare at Erik.

“This is your entire fault Erik, if you hadn’t left Damien all alone this would not have happened,” Liz yelled at Erik. Erik glared back at her not caring that she was angry and blaming him.

“I told you, I had an important thing to do,” said replied Erik defensively.

“Its no one’s fault, the vamp was determined, she would have still attacked even if Erik stayed at the club,” I defended. Liz paused in her attack of Erik and then nodded, a bit calmer than before.

“So how did you get away? Is she dead?” asked Jordan curiously. I shook my head.

“No,” I said slowly, “she isn’t dead.” Liz opened her mouth to ask more but Jordan elbowed her to be quiet sensing I didn’t want to talk about it. Why was I unwilling to tell them the whole story? I completely trusted them but yet something stilled my tongue. I didn’t want to tell them about Alexandria because there was no doubt that they would transfer their blame onto her even if I told them she had nothing to do with it. I couldn’t believe what my life had come to, my brother was missing and I was willing to lie to my friends for a vampire I didn’t even really know.

“I know you didn’t want to involve us in your problem, but I’m afraid that’s not something you can control. Jordan and I are going to help you find Tristan too, and it will be safer as a group if one of us has to go do some secret important thing,” she said shooting a look at Erik to let him know she was talking about him. Erik gazed at the ceiling as if looking at Liz for one more moment was impossible.

I sighed knowing there was no arguing with Liz when she was like this, I could either let them help me or forget about finding Tristan. Their help could be helpful considering I didn’t have a clue what to do now to find Tristan, I had absolutely no leads.

“Alright, so then what do we do?” I asked Liz since she was so determined to help me find Tristan. She wanted to help so she had to show she could come up with ideas. Deep down though I knew I was taking advantage just because I was unable to think of anything to find Tristan.

“Well we could try to find out where Tristan was staying,” Liz offered. I nodded my head.

“I didn’t think of that but how do we find out where he was staying?” I asked her.

“Well there is this hunter database that keeps track of hunters. It’s kept a secret and it’s entirely separate from the hunter government. It’s run by a few hunter dropouts and they keep tabs on important investigations and the people in them and there is a chance that Tristan was in an important investigation,” Liz said. I thought about it and nodded.

“Alright but how do we find out what they know? I bet even if we do find out where their base is located they won’t tell us,” I responded as I mulled over the information. Operations like that one don’t just give out information for free, to do so would defeat their purpose. Operations like those started up for only one reason, to gain money by selling information and to have leverage, should something come up where information was needed.

“I’m not sure, maybe we can bribe a hacker to get the information we need?” Liz suggested tentatively. I smiled encouragingly, that was actually a good idea.