Chapter 20 (Edited)

Chapter 20

“Yeah, while I admire your determination, I don’t think going to Quebec without any research is going to yield any results,” Alexandria stated. I rolled my eyes.

“I wasn’t planning on going there without knowing some possible places he could be. Luckily I know how to find out places he could be,” I responded pulling out my phone. My sister Kayla answered on the first ring.

“Damien? Oh my god, do you know how much trouble you’re in? Wait no, of course you don’t, you think you’re untouchable,” she accused. I sighed.

“I do know how much trouble I’m in but I think given the situation even you, the responsible one, would disobey mom and try to find Tristan.” Kayla was silent on the other end; she knew I had a point. “Are you still there? I need your help Kay.” I told her using her old childhood nickname.

“Alright, what do you need?” she said softly. I smiled; I knew she would help me. Alexandria stared at me for a moment before standing up. She headed to the bathroom and then stood in front of the mirror running her fingers through her hair. Her hair looked just fine; I didn’t know what she was worried about.

“I need you to tell me the places Derek Bellamont is most often seen at.” Kayla inhaled sharply.

“Derek Bellamont is dangerous, Damien. You shouldn’t have anything to do with that guy.”

“Its important Kayla,” I pleaded. “Do you want to find Tristan or not?”

“Of course,” she replied hurt that I would ask that, but she did what I wanted. “Alright, Derek Bellamont spends most of his time in Ottawa, but that’s all the information I can give you that’s relevant.” I resisted the urge to sigh loudly, that wasn’t a lot of information. I had been expecting a bit more but I should be satisfied with what information I got, it narrowed the list of locations down.

“Thank you Kayla,” I whispered before I hung up cutting off anything she wanted to say after. “So how are we going to get to Quebec?” Alexandria raised an eyebrow.

“You seem awfully confident that I’m actually going to come with you to Quebec,” she stated. “Not to mention you seem to have forgotten Erik, you know your partner.” I avoided her eyes wondering how I could have possibly forgotten about Erik.

“I don’t think he should come, I’m not going to be responsible for anyone else going missing.”

“Ouch, that hurts; you don’t care about my safety. It’s cool though, I don’t really care. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself,” she laughed.

“So you are coming then?” I asked. She nodded. “Okay, just one problem, how are we getting to Ottawa?” I asked.

“Oh that’s easy, we fly there; I know someone who can lend us their private jet,” she answered as if that was no big deal. “So are we going to leave or are you planning on just standing there some more?”

“Yeah sure, I just got to leave Erik a note,” I said while grabbing a piece of paper and a pen planning to make the note short.

Erik, I had to leave to go to Quebec. I got a really important lead and I think it will help me find out where Liz, Jordan and Tristan are. Good luck with everything, and be careful, Damien.

I looked around to discover that Alexandria had gone already and taken my bag with her. All my stuff was packed because I had never really unpacked. She was really impatient sometimes. I shut the door and looked around as I left, it would be that last time I would come here and I think I would miss it.