Chapter 30 (Edited)

Chapter 30

I suppressed a groan as the drug once again wore off. The scene hadn’t changed much. My family was still passed out on the floor and the room was exactly as it was before, the only difference was that the guards seemed to have changed. As if on cue, Jeremy entered the room and came close to me.

“So you’re awake, that’s interesting. You were given a much larger dose of the drug and you still managed wake up before your family.” He inspected me and shrugged dropping the topic. “I thought you said no one knew you were here,” Jeremy said. I shook my head.

“No one does know I’m here, I told no one where I was going.” Jeremy laughed disbelievingly. I gave him a confused look. Why were we talking about this?

“Don’t lie to me. I have your friends, they had to have followed you.” Who did Jeremy have in his clutches now? I heard footsteps and glanced towards the entrance of the room and was surprised to see Erik, Liz and Jordan.

“You, you’re the one that took Damien’s family?” Liz exclaimed. Jeremy smiled at her and Liz took a step back disgusted but that only caused her to run into the guard behind her. She looked up at the tall guard and stepped away. What were they doing here? Were they actually caught or was this part of their plan? If they were actually caught though that would mean Erik’s father would have been captured too. That knowledge lifted my spirits. Maybe there was hope for us yet.

“So, which one of you is the witch?” Jeremy asked. The three of the exchanged shocked looks and looked back at Jeremy with determined looks. “Fine, just handcuff all three of them with the handcuffs that prevent the wearer from using magic.” The guard behind Liz pulled out three handcuffs and handcuffed all of them then pushed them to the ground a little while away from Kayla. Erik’s expression as he was cuffed told me that he hadn’t expected this, he was now really captured.

“I knew there was a reason I never liked you,” Erik said as he tried to shift into a more comfortable position but judging by his pained expression he couldn’t. “There was just something off about you to me. I didn’t know how nobody else saw it. Now you’re a vampire, and that just makes everything worse.” Jeremy glared at Erik and then got some duct tape from the guards table. He cut a long strip of it and then put it over Erik’s mouth to shut him up. Erik seemed to be talented at annoying vampires.

“Now that that’s taken care of, I can get to the fun part. Who shall I kill first…,” Jeremy pondered aloud as he looked all around the room. He ended up facing Jordan. “You aren’t all that important so I’ll just kill you first.” Jordan’s eyes widened and he glanced at Liz before Jeremy hauled him to his feet. In a quick and efficient way Jeremy snapped his neck and let him fall to the floor. “It’s a shame to let all that blood go to waste, so, its dinner time,” Jeremy announced. He gave me an annoying sideways glance before crouching beside Jordan’s body.

The guards descended on the body and started drinking his blood. My family shut their eyes to avoid the gruesome sight but Liz, Erik and I all watched horrified. Liz sat still and quiet throughout the whole thing, only struggling and crying after they had finished.

“How could you,” she screamed at them. The guards displayed no emotion and only Jeremy responded.

“Shh, it’s alright,” he said as he lifted her chin to look into her eyes. Liz forced herself out of his grips and Jeremy’s bloody fingers left trails on Liz’s face. Liz closed her eyes to stop looking at the monster before her and to mourn Jordan, the guy who had been her partner and friend for years. “That didn’t seem to have really affected you, Damien. I want you really to hate yourself, so who shall I kill next. How about a pretty, distraught damsel in distress?” Liz’s breath caught as she figured out that Jeremy was talking about her. “It’s really a shame you had to come to Damien’s rescue, I didn’t want to have to kill you but now I have to.” Funny, Jeremy didn’t seem all that sad.